The VG Resource

Full Version: my SMD hell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm pretty much self-taught when it comes to 3D modeling and animating, and I love using the modeler's resource to take pokemon models and teach myself the basic mechanics by manipulating them. Recently, Sun and Moon models have been coming out and I really wanna play around with animations. I use Blender, so I downloaded the toolkit that allows me to use SMD. But every time I load the smd. file in, the armature and model become a mess! I can tell some basic poses that are trying to happen because I know the game well enough, but the body is all contorted and the fingers are often straight-up broken. I've experienced this on the Skull Grunt Male and Female models. In fact, when working on the Male Grunt I used the smd file that is not in the animations folder, and a 3d model for the female grunt appeared. Below will be some images of my personal hell if they can fit. Someone save me from this.

FEMALE MODEL 

[Image: tumblr_oienq9Wex41tlgsf4o1_540.png]
(Normal T-Pose Female Grunt)

[Image: tumblr_oienq9Wex41tlgsf4o2_540.png]
When paired with anim_0.smd

[Image: tumblr_oienq9Wex41tlgsf4o3_r1_540.png]
When paired with tr0018_00.smd

MALE MODEL

[Image: tumblr_oienq9Wex41tlgsf4o4_r1_540.png]
(Normal t-pose with the dae. file)

[Image: tumblr_oienq9Wex41tlgsf4o5_r1_540.png]
(T-pose with tr0017_00.smd)

[Image: tumblr_oienq9Wex41tlgsf4o6_r1_540.png]
(First frame of anim_0.smd when the file is applied)
i fixed part of the issue, I didn't need the original DAE file. I could have just retextured the smd with it. But now the hands are still jagged and the arms are inside out a little.

[Image: tumblr_oieve6vfZf1tlgsf4o1_540.png]
[Image: tumblr_oieve6vfZf1tlgsf4o2_540.png]
What program are you using? As it shouldn't be this hard to import SMD files.
(12-18-2016, 09:50 PM)Filler Wrote: [ -> ]What program are you using? As it shouldn't be this hard to import SMD files.

I'm using Blender with the toolkit that allows me to use SMD files.
And what toolkit?

Blender Source Tool's SMD import tool worked well for me. But the models need some fixes for their textures.
It's a great possibility these models may have been exported through 3DS Max, or some other program, as Collada versions are hard for universality and may cause some discrepancies in regards to the rigging and animation field.