The VG Resource

Full Version: Cloud's Artwork Gallery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The title pretty much says it all. This will be a typical, post my artwork topic. I encourage critique and constructive critiscism.

Possible spritesheets:
Sprites that I intend on eventually creating entire spritesheets to be posted on VGresource.
Just for fun:
These sprites are one offs I made for fun and I don't intend on making full sheets out of.
New:
My newest pieces of art will be posted here.
Other:
These sprites don't fit any particular category.
I really like that Amy stuff. Is there a full sheet? You don't see many good classic Amy sheets, and it's nice to see Mania style getting some love. The Prinny is cute too!
(12-02-2016, 11:00 AM)Ton Wrote: [ -> ]I really like that Amy stuff. Is there a full sheet? You don't see many good classic Amy sheets, and it's nice to see Mania style getting some love. The Prinny is cute too!
Thank you. I'm making a sheet for both Amy and Sonic atm. They're both early, but coming along nicely. I plan on submitting them once finished.
[Image: megaman%20and%20roll%20preview_zpshnkmc4sc.png]
I've got some new sprites I've been working on. I decided to use Megaman and Roll as practice dummies to help improve my animation work, and here are the base sprites. Let me know what you think.
I think the head/neck/shoulders need to be a bit more defined.
(12-14-2016, 08:36 AM)Ton Wrote: [ -> ]I think the head/neck/shoulders need to be a bit more defined.

More like this?
[Image: megaman%209_zpsklldq98o.png]
I made a bunch of tweaks and improvements to my Megaman and Roll sprites as well as adding Roll's Megaman 8 costume and Rock without his armor. I'd say I'm happy enough with the quality to really start animating. Not sure which costume to go with for Roll though.

[Image: megaman%2011_zpsfxxfw52d.png]
(12-17-2016, 04:30 PM)cloud6625 Wrote: [ -> ]I made a bunch of tweaks and improvements to my Megaman and Roll sprites as well as adding Roll's Megaman 8 costume and Rock without his armor. I'd say I'm happy enough with the quality to really start animating. Not sure which costume to go with for Roll though.

[Image: megaman%2011_zpsfxxfw52d.png]

great sprites!, i think u shoud made roll from megaman 8, u will make a sheet? amazing!
While making Megaman and Roll I started to think more and more that I would rather make an original character instead. So eventually, I just decided to take some of what I had and make this instead:
[Image: tmp_27838-girl%204-1466646798_zpskxcnjlr1.png]
The only thing I really have an issue with is her skirt. If anyone has any idea to tweak it, or has any other suggestions, let me know.

Now hopefully i can actually make some animations, which is where i really need some help... Expect to see a post over the weekend.

As for anyone wondering about Megaman and Roll, I'm not sure if I'll go back to them later or not. If anyone is interested, feel free to take what I've got and do whatever you'd like with them.
[Image: EFgU6sD.png]
I tried to make it more flowing like the shirt, I think sprites that small and having that many colors can be tricky.
My edit on the right.
First off, thanks to Virtuaboy123. While I didn't end up using the design you made for the skirt, all of the other little fiddling you did with the sprite helped me to notice spots I had missed or that could be improved further. This is how she turned out:
[Image: girl%206_zpswrparzfq.png]
and here is a basic idle animation of sorts:
[Image: girl-idle_zpstqdx26jr.gif]

I definitely encourage some criticism on the animation as I'm very new to animating and don't really think I'm all that great Unsure.
for simple animations like those, recycling frames is alright - however for more active animations such as walking, running and jumping, it's wise to redraw every frame with animation basics in mind. just a heads up
I decided to rework the sprite of the girl as I felt it didn't quite convey the correct age I was going for. I wanted 16-18, but most people I talked to said she looked 12-14. The new sprite hopefully makes her look more like the correct age as well as having a lot of other tweaks and improvements.
[Image: ziZZgog.png]
I also started on a portrait for something like dialogue with another character.
[Image: cFO9GSO.png]
I used this game's sprites as a reference for the style. I just found the game searching for Freedom Planet sprites one day and thought the art looked nice. No idea what the actual game was, most likely some anime fighting game. The arms are giving me a lot of trouble at the moment, so it may be a little while to finish it.

I also made a little desert scene because I was bored. It could've used a background, but oh well Tongue 
[Image: NQVMEj1.png]

edit: I updated the idle animation from before as well. Didn't think this was worth wasting a reply on. I have a larger image just to see the animation more easily.
[Image: girl-redesign-idle-4_zps0aznfpba.gif][Image: girl-redesign-idle-42_zpsnvnbob2w.gif~original]
Here's some Pokemon gens 4/5 art I whipped together for my Pokemon Heat Wave and Hail Storm application. I'd love some feedback on what I could improve on replicating Pokemon's style:
[Image: UCGUA31.png][Image: cTSZzUa.png][Image: pedqKMy.png]
I can tell myself that I need to learn a bit more about altering the selout.
Say hi to Zack.
[Image: Ef2SuxG.jpg]
This is one of the two main characters to a horror Zelda-esque game I've started making in Unity. Hopefully more information as well as the other main character to come in the near future.
Pages: 1 2