The VG Resource

Full Version: Custom Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys! I'm looking for a custom sprite sheet to do, but I don't have any ideas. I'll take requests, but I'd prefer Mario or Zelda ones.
Sprite Toad as if he were a LoZ NPC Big Grin
Ooh! Good idea! Any particular Zelda game's style you wanted it in?
Hey, can you sprite Toad and Princess Peach in Yoshi's Island style? And when you're done, can I have your permission to edit both characters' sprites so that I can make sheets for other Toad characters from the Mario series and so that I can make sheets for Daisy, Rosalina, Shadow Queen, and wedding!Peach? I promise that the edits I make won't be recolors.
(11-21-2016, 07:00 PM)ShyGirl Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh! Good idea! Any particular Zelda game's style you wanted it in?
Whichever style is most appealing to you. Spriting in a style that enjoy the most will encourage you to make the best sprite you can!
(11-22-2016, 03:17 PM)Midday-Mew Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, can you sprite Toad and Princess Peach in Yoshi's Island style? And when you're done, can I have your permission to edit both characters' sprites so that I can make sheets for other Toad characters from the Mario series and so that I can make sheets for Daisy, Rosalina, Shadow Queen, and wedding!Peach? I promise that the edits I make won't be recolors.

How's this look? I know it's a little small, but I think it's not bad.
Neat. How about Wendy Koopa in SMB1 Style?
(11-23-2016, 01:37 PM)ShyGirl Wrote: [ -> ]How's this look? I know it's a little small, but I think it's not bad.

Well, the sprites are definitely too small.

Not to mention that the arms are just lines/curved lines with a border. The arms should definitely be thicker, and give it a thumb. See for reference: SMAS SMB2 Peach and Toad sprites (though their designs have changed since then, so be careful).
Size comparison would be a little bit bigger than SMAS SMB2 sprites of Peach and Toad. As in, if you wanted to do it to scale. Peach should probably be as tall as Yoshi in YI style, if you need a height reference.

Several details are also omitted, which can be fixed by making the sprites larger. Might I suggest looking at official character artwork of Peach and Toad for reference? For games to get a reference from in terms of official art, I recommend Super Mario 3D World (for Peach), and Mario Party 8 (for Toad).

There's also a ton of banding in the shading, which doesn't really make it look all that good.

I also recommend having your images hosted on a website like Imgur: http://imgur.com/ and linking them here inside [img][/img]tags instead of directly attaching them to your posts. Like this: [img]direct link to pic here[/img]
can you do mokey mouse?
from sr.pelo?
please?