The VG Resource

Full Version: Mega Man Ripping Project (Classic/X)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Due to popular demand, I'm going to go ahead and post this topic. I'd like to keep it fairly small, so I'm limiting us to the two big series. Also, I know almost nothing of the others. So here's a working list. Let me know if I missed anything!

NES

MM1 - Complete?
MM2 - Bubble Man Stage, Heat Man Stage, Metal Man Stage, Enemy palettes (and maybe frames?)
MM3 - Gemini Man Stage (Normal & Doc Robot), Hard Man Stage, Shadow Man Stage (Normal & Doc Robot), Spark Man Stage (Normal & Doc Robot), Bosses (Yellow Devil is missing teleporting sprites, for one), enemies (Palettes? Sprites?), Gamma, Wily
MM4 - Dive Man Stage, Dust Man Stage, Skull Man Stage, Toad Man Stage, Enemies (Ring/Toad/Bright Man)
MM5 - Wily Stages, Wily Bosses, Wily, Enemies(?)
     Bosses: Big Pets, Circling Q9, Wily Machine, Wily Capsule
MM6 - Bosses, Wily, Enemies (?)
     Bosses: Rounder II, Power Piston, Mettonger Z, X Crusher, Mechazaurus, Tank CSII, Wily Machine, Wily Capsule
Wily & Light's Rockboard - all character's sprites

SNES

MM7 - Honestly, a lot here probably needs to be redone. We need all the stages, Enemies,
    Bosses - Shirokumachine GTV, King Gojulus, Van Pookin, Shade Man Prototype Miniboss, Truck Joe, HannyaNED², Wily Machine, Wily Capsule
MM&B - All NPCs, Enemies, Minibosses, and Bosses. Also stages. Really, anything would be helpful.
MM Soccer - Wily's select icon, which may involve hacking. 
MMX - Enemies could probably use a once-over. Sting and Boomer's Stages. 
MMX2 - Bubble Crab all stages, all enemies.
    Bosses - Giant Mechaniloid CF-0, Chop Register, Pararoid S-38, Magna Quartz, Serges (fortress), Agile (fortress), Neo Sigma
MMX3 - All Stages from the final and beta versions, Ride Armors, Probably more.
    Bosses - Mega Man X3: Shurikein, Worm Seeker-R, Hell Crusher, Hotareeca, Press Disposer, Volt Kurageil, Vile MK-II, Dr. Doppler, Sigma, Kaiser Sigma, Some minibosses are different.
    (Check White Jet's post below for more info)

PS1

MM8 - All Robot Masters, Stages, Enemies, NPCs, Wily
MMX4 - X and Zero and their upgrades, Cyber Peacock, Frost Walrus, ALL enemies,
    Tentoroid, Eyezard, , Iris, General, Reaper Sigma, Sigma, Slime/Cyborg Sigma
MMX5 - X and Zero and their upgrades, Mattrex, the others. More info needed.
    Sigma Head, U-555, Prism Guardian, Dynamo, Shadow Devil, Maverick Zero, Sigma, Final Sigma W
MMX6 - X and Zero and their upgrades, Blaze Heatnix, All Enemies.
    Nightmare Snake, Illumina, Nightmare Mother, Gate, Sigma, Giant Sigma

Game Boy

Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge: Wily Machine
Mega Man II: Enemies, Wily Machine
Mega Man III: Enemies, Dive Man, Drill Man, Dust Man, Skull Man, Giant Suzy, Wily Machine
Mega Man IV: Enemies, Charge Man, Crystal Man, Napalm Man, Stone Man, Satellite Cannon, Ballade, Bridge, Wily Robo, Wily Capsule
Mega Man V: Complete
Mega Man Xtreme: Enemies
Mega Man Xtreme 2: Enemies

Other

MM9 - All Robot Masters, Bosses, Enemies, and Stages.
MM10 - All Enemies and Bosses
Mega Man: The Power Battle - Wood Man, Heat Man, Gyro Man, Napalm Man, Cloud Man, Junk Man, Slash Man, Shade Man, Turbo Man, Yellow Devil, Van Pookin, Wily Machine
Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters - All Robot Masters and fortress bosses
Wily Wars (Gen): 
Mega Man: The Wily Wars: Mega Man: Complete

Mega Man: The Wily Wars: Mega Man 2: Enemies

Mega Man: The Wily Wars: Mega Man 3: Enemies
Mega Man: The Wily Wars: Wily Tower: Fire Snakey, Buster Rod G. (without staff)
Rockman & Forte: Mirai kara no Chousensha: Enemies, Bosses, R-Shadow

Rockman Battle & Fighters: Mad Grinder, Mecha Dragon, Yellow Devil, Wily Machine

Did I miss anything else? Everyone, join! Let's give Megaman the anniversary Capcom wouldn't!
Hi Ton! I'm a new member of The VG Resource and I'm excited to get started on polishing sprite sheets on The Spriters Resource. I just have one question: Would it be a problem if I were to download a current sprite sheet (submitted by someone else) and add more frames/palettes to update it and submit? If that's OK, how can I submit these updated sheets?
Not at all! As long as you leave their name on the credits and the additions are all things from the game, unaltered, you're good!
(11-20-2016, 05:46 PM)Ton Wrote: [ -> ]Not at all! As long as you leave their name on the credits and the additions are all things from the game, unaltered, you're good!

Great. Whenever I get into the hang of things, I might be able to assist with the potentially incomplete Mega Man / Mega Man X sprite sheets. Thanks, Ton!
MMX 4-6 are for Playstation, not for SNES.
Also there is Mega Man X7/X8 things to be ripped, although those would mainly be misc. graphics I suppose.

I guess this is limited to the 2D games, though?
Yes, I guess we should limit to 2d graphics. By the way:

Bubble Crab
Bubble Crab

I'll see about getting missing midbosses, Robot Masters/Mavericks and fortress bosses. Here's my checklist:

Mega Man 7: Shirokumachine GTV, King Gojulus, Van Pookin, Truck Joe, HannyaNED², Wily Machine, Wily Capsule
Mega Man X2: Giant Mechaniloid CF-0, Chop Register, Pararoid S-38, Magna Quartz, Serges (fortress), Agile (fortress), Neo Sigma
Mega Man X3: Shurikein, Worm Seeker-R, Hell Crusher, Hotareeca, Press Disposer, Volt Kurageil, Vile MK-II, Dr. Doppler, Sigma, Kaiser Sigma
Mega Man X4: Tentoroid, Eyezard, Cyber Peacock, Frost Walrus, Iris, General, Reaper Sigma, Sigma, Slime/Cyborg Sigma
Mega Man X5: Sigma Head, U-555, Prism Guardian, Mattrex, Dynamo, Shadow Devil, Maverick Zero, Sigma, Final Sigma W
Mega Man X6: Nightmare Snake, Illumina, Blaze Heatnix, Nightmare Mother, Gate, Sigma, Giant Sigma
(11-20-2016, 06:19 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]MMX 4-6 are for Playstation, not for SNES.

Oopsie. Forgot to put the division.
You also forgot to list Mega Man 8, 9 and 10.

I also made a list on my previous post.
Darn, guess we're excluding the GB Mega Mans. Sad

I don't know if I'll be helping out or not, but good luck with the project regardless, everyone!
Shade, if you want to do GB, please do! I can add it to the first post. Like I said, I knew I'd miss some!
WELL you convinced me, curses. I'll put my focus on the GB Mega Mans and help out with the NES and SNES ones when needed (I can tile rip and vSNES the HECK out of things)
I still have my dibs on X4-X6 X and Zero. Should hopefully have some time to work on those sooner rather than later.
Oh, I've claimed Mega Man from II by the way since I already started it before this... Though I know that the other games need to be accounted for too. Sick
I know I mentioned this in the X3 beta thread, but it bears repeating here to avoid any frustration with at least the first and third X game.

There is a list of cheat codes that allow you to view the entirety of any map in a stage in the form of an editor.  They can be found in the Cutting Room Floor's X1  and X3 pages and all seen codes need to be inputted in order to get the editor to even work.

Things to watch out for when using the editor:

1. Animations will stop at the moment the editor is activated, so it is best you only use it to get the full layout of the stage before attempting to scout around for any animated segments that should be included in the stage rips.

2. Enemies and objects will vanish, but not X or Zero's current position.  Plus, coordinates will appear at the top of the screen to gauge where you're currently moving to.  If you don't have vSNES, turn off layers 3 and 5 to get rid of X's sprite and the coordinates up top.

3. For X3, make sure you hold down the key you mapped the "R" button to, otherwise, the backgrounds will glitch out.

4. Some areas of the map won't load properly until X or Zero are physically in that area, usually when ladders are involved.  If you don't see a background or the wrong palette colors, exit the editor and move X or Zero to the affected areas and try again.

5. Be mindful when exiting the editor.  If you're not back to where X or Zero are currently positioned when activating the mode, the area you exited from may follow you back to their position.  This can cause problems if you activated the editor near hazardous areas like pits or spikes as their collision detection is not affected by the change in terrain, so trying to fix the problem by moving them out of the affected area may send them into those hazards if you don't remember them being there.

6. These cheats do not work for the beta version of X3.  Unless there was some other activation technique I'm not aware of, you're going to have to deal with the enemies and X or Zero's safety while ripping the backgrounds from the beta version.

So far, I've gotten the Introduction Stage ripped using the Map Editor.  But it's not fully complete as there are other areas on the stage that are still animated, such as the cracks, other lights on the wall and shattering windows in Zero's vertical climb to the navigation room.  Plus, vSNES doesn't show the spotlight that waves up and down along the city background, so it may end up being something that has to be ripped straight from the emulator itself.  I wanted to finish this and other stages, but right now I got a request from LooneyTunesIan to rip tracks from Yoshi's Safari (Which is starting to become a problem since vSNES only draws the tracks based on Yoshi's position, and stage 4 has animated waves that I'm trying to keep to a single frame during ripping).  I probably might not devote my whole time to X3's stages anyway, since I might end up missing small, unnoticeable animations and I still have college to worry about.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10