The VG Resource

Full Version: Need Help Ripping Models from PS2 Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently started looking into ripping some models from a few Playstation 2 games, namely the Jak and Daxter series. While THIS tutorial was some help it is painfully outdated and my attempts to follow it have been unsuccessful. It seems to only work using PCSX2 0.9.8 and just my luck, that version seems to crash when loading Jak 2, while newer versions seem to run just fine but won't work for ripping models with that tutorial. I have a feeling it's an issue with my computer or my settings for the program but I am... very new to this and very confused.

If anyone around here could help me either make PCSX2 0.9.8 not crash, or just give me an alternate method of ripping models from PS2 games, I would be extremely grateful. I've seen that the maker of that tutorial has ripped models from the Jak and Daxter series, so I know it can be done, I just wanna know how.  Very Sad
3D Ripper DX... But to do PCSX2 0.9.8 not crash, it's more difficult, maybe try to run it in compatibility mode ?
I've tried 3D Ripper DX but I am unclear on how to make it run with PCSX2. The instructions say that a bit of text is supposed to display in the top corner if it's running correctly and, well, it doesn't.

: /