The VG Resource

Full Version: It's like pixel art animation but w/o the pixel art [Animation][Art]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm here to post a couple of things that I have done over the past semester while I've been here in Brooklyn.

I'm also making this an art thread because I intend to post some drawings here that I did for another class of mine but yeah, this is a thing
Are the videos supposed to be a bunch of pink bars that state that the video is unavailable?
(11-12-2016, 05:14 AM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]Are the videos supposed to be a bunch of pink bars that state that the video is unavailable?

Huh? well that's new.

Let me see if I can fix that issue, might have to do with the privacy settings on the videos.

EDIT: Alright went into facebook and set the videos to public. Try watching them now to see if the issue has been fixed with the pink bars.
Thanks for setting those up! Is this your first time animating by any chance?
As far as learning animation in a more formal sense, yes, it is.

However I have dabbled with animation before a long time ago, there was one that I did make with a mario sprite I had a couple years back but that was about it.
Well, these are a solid start. With that said, you might want to invest in learning new animation skills as soon as possible. From what I've seen, some of the character animation is rather stiff and rove at a constant rate (which is not good for believable animation). To sort out the latter for at least one animation, try cutting some frames to have the animation "accelerate." As it is right now, it's too even and sluggish.
You know, you show promise as an animator.

I'm an animator myself done in the old 2D style, but I need other animators to help me with making a film I've been longing to make for a long time now.

You and I need to practice more to get good enough for things like that, though.
Hey thanks for the support all. Also I agree that character animation is a thing that I'm gonna need to learn on over the next couple of years. Thankfully I should be able to learn a lot for the Major I'm in at Pratt but honestly I am willing to find out new techniques that I could do in say, After Effects or Flash instead of just relying on software like Dragonframe which I have access to now. maybe it's about time that I start paying more visits to Newgrounds?

Speaking of after effects, I've been working in that a bit. I ended up doing a mixture of traditional and digital which is going to go towards my final for this semester. So far, 4-5 seconds and I still have to redo a walk cycle for this for my character to do a buttwalk in some bizarre tribute to Cow and Chicken.

Well, I haven't watched Cow and Chicken in years, so I can't really get a good mental reference of the "butt walk," so I can compare yours.

Of course, since I've worked on a few walk cycles in the past (particularly for Full Sail animation projects), I can give you some tips on the walking animation to the left. While you don't need to have the head rotate from left to right, it's important that the actual torso and hips do. For best results, try having the torso and hips rotate in opposite directions of each other. Also, when each foot touches the ground, try shifting the weight of the body over it to firmly plant the foot.
I figured I'd stop by here and post some digital work that I have made in the past couple of months (I did say that this thread wasn't going to be all animation stuff so I think it's time that I deliver on that.)

Some of the drawings are finished and others... Not so much. Anyways I figured I'd upload them here to get a better idea on what's going on with that.

[Image: JrnZzCr.jpg]
[Image: Jv5CkRq.png]
[Image: AjZePGr.png]
[Image: CYdN5oi.png]
[Image: xhrhFvF.jpg]
[Image: ywGqaeJ.jpg]

As far as the animation that I last posted on, I plan on uploading some more work I had done on it sooner or later, there are still a couple of issues that I need to work on it to get it to a more palpable place for another critique.
IS the character at the very top the same character as the one in the suit?
(11-24-2016, 12:46 PM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]IS the character at the very top the same character as the one in the suit?

Nope.

The first character is actually a totally different character that I have been working on in the past couple of months.

The first two pictures are actually character sheets that I have been working on for my final project (the last video I have shown).

I'll very likely have more of it up sooner or later. Hoping by Sunday at best.
First and foremost, I must apologize for becoming a quiet shit in the past couple of weeks. I would have posted what my Final was going to look like earlier but due to a lack of knowledge in where to post the rough animations without using facebook or youtube, I've been sort of holding off from posting here.

BUT YOUR PATIENCE HAS BEEN REWARDED :

Personally I think it looks like shit and slightly inconsistent but for what its worth I'm happy with how it came out.

Especially this was all done in photoshop and after effects which I have to say I am never doing again because it's a bitch to lip sync in after effects. Time to start using Animate/Flash/Whateverthekidsatadobecallitnow.

EDIT: I finally got this uploaded to a few other sites besides Newgrounds.

Also shoutout to Gors on this one since he let me use one of the songs he made. (as heard in the credits)

I know this is a huge bump but it's worth it for the content I'm showing, I'll probably upload some more stuff that I've been up to because I'm currently working on a demo reel and I could use feedback on some of the stuff I have.
[Image: bloodyzimandpals.png]
[Image: sonic.png?w=1060]
[Image: jojo.png]
[Image: whenblackhatpossessesmaomao.png?w=1060]
[Image: goodgrief-recovered.png?w=2000]
[Image: grimbillymandyfanart.jpg?w=1060]
[Image: itsachickentattooredesign.jpg][Image: hopecomic.jpg?w=1060]
[Image: theworldissick-1.jpg?w=1060]
[Image: alucard.png?w=1060]
[Image: guts.png?w=1060]
[Image: robotjoneslinework.png?w=1000&h=&crop=1]
[Image: pixedltendo.png?w=1060]

Another thread of mine I'm bumping with content that I haven't posted on the forums specifically.

I'd post a link to my website here but then that'd be an advertisement and I'm too lazy to dig everything up so I'm just leaving some of the stuff that I think is worth posting here.
Pages: 1 2