The VG Resource

Full Version: Best rip mthod? Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk/ Last Window) DS series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello in advance.

As I'm trying to advance in my ripping quest from time to time, I managed to get my job done easier due to the Debug Menu on Hotel Dusk. However I've stumbled under many problems, not only with Hotel Dusk, but also with Last Window, and I would like an answer as hasty as possible.

Question Block How can I rip sprites with ''watercolour textures'' -A sprite with such texture is this:

[Image: 4FiWrAL.png]
and when I rip them to my usual methods I get this:
[Image: 2YYBUV4.png]
What should I do? I can rip them in colour, but I need to struggle to get a black background in a nick of time, by switching backgrounds and pause, since I cannot disable the background. And even if I succeed to take a picture I need to correct it in Photoshop and I guarantee it leaves annoying pixel imperfections. AnimGet or the emulator's screenshot integration simply won't do. These ''watercolour textures'' have an animation too, and it annoys me.

Question Block Last Window Debug Menu - If anyone knows a method to enter the game's Debug Menu, I'm interested. Proof or existence:

[Image: 0OC9WfX.png]

I need the menu because just one frame of a sprite gives me like 7 puzzle pieces to arrange back, and this would simplify matters.
I'm open to suggestions.

//☆drot
Have you tried ripping them directly from the game's files?
(11-10-2016, 01:01 PM)Magma Dragoon Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried ripping them directly from the game's files?

Does this answer your question?
[Image: qdhShhd.png]

Cing is a second-party company, kinda like Chunsoft, meaning it would be expected from their files to be somewhat encrypted. Even some of the sounds are modified in pitch, audio jack being the only method to rip them as far as I tried.