The VG Resource

Full Version: Mother Series - Mistaken Order?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone noticed that in Earthbound 1 (Mother 2) that electronics such as tv, cars, huge colorful lights were in that game, but in Earthbound 2 (Mother 3), which I think was supposed to be a sequel, had none? So no material in EB was used in EB2! So when the dragon in the end of EB2 came out to make the new world, you would think that EB came after EB2 because future technology was made.

Anyone got me?
New Pork City.

MYTH BUSTED!
(11-18-2008, 07:43 PM)Rags Wrote: [ -> ]New Pork City.

MYTH BUSTED!

Pokey brought that back.
(11-18-2008, 07:49 PM)J-bit Wrote: [ -> ]

MYTH BUSTED!

Pokey brought that back.

So...

Thank you for dispelling your own theory, and proving mine.

=D
(11-18-2008, 08:33 PM)Rags Wrote: [ -> ]

MYTH BUSTED!

Pokey brought that back.

So...

=D
... What? Pokey brought that back. But do you understand when I said that Mother 3 came before Earthbound? That's what I'm asking.
Mother 3 took place on an island, Earthbound took place on mainland.
Its very complicated. You probably haven't gotten to the Leder part of the game yet, it makes more sense then.
SPOILERS

mother 3 takes place on a remote, simple island village. thats why Fasaad bringing the TVs to the island is so important, they've never seen them before and it represents human dependancy on technology and how that island is advancing just because they were given a few TVs
(11-18-2008, 07:08 PM)J-bit Wrote: [ -> ]Earthbound 2
Die.

Oh, and IIRC,...

there was some BS about everything exploding or something and people losing their memories and shit, so technology and life got sent backwards and placed on that island.

Or something like that.
(11-18-2008, 08:46 PM)J-bit Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2008, 08:33 PM)Rags Wrote: [ -> ]

MYTH BUSTED!

Pokey brought that back.

So...

=D
... What? Pokey brought that back. But do you understand when I said that Mother 3 came before Earthbound? That's what I'm asking.

You said there was no technology in Mother 3, at least, that's what I think you said.

There are a lot, such as most of the Animal Bosses.

But I pointed out New Pork City has a lot of stuff you said Earthbound didn't have.

But Mother 3 takes place in a more rurl area, while Earthbound is in a more urban.

At least, that's what I think. I get most of my information from a MOTHER 3 fanboy from another forum.

I need to play Mother 3 again.
There are so many spoilers in this thread it's good I never plan on playing an Earthbound game :V
(11-19-2008, 05:48 PM)Kojjiro! Wrote: [ -> ]There are so many spoilers in this thread it's good I never plan on playing an Earthbound game :V

Try getting the translation, and Pokey brought technology, the Pigmasks had technology and soon after New Pork City was made new technology was made, after the 7 needles were pulled, WAAAAAY after that came Ness and new technology that people made with Pokey's technology. But if your wondering why Pokey would still be alive and young, watch Back to the Future or Terminator (I think).
Since Pokey got trapped in the Absolute Safe capsule, it would be impossible for Ness to have his adventure. If Ness' adventure never happened, he wouldn't have gone to Lucas' time period, since he wouldn't be under Giygas' influence. It would cause a time paradox.

So MOTHER3 takes place after Earthbound.
Why must people complicate things? Everything is in order, why are you questioning it?
(11-19-2008, 09:17 PM)pikspiksmaroator Wrote: [ -> ]Since Pokey got trapped in the Absolute Safe capsule, it would be impossible for Ness to have his adventure. If Ness' adventure never happened, he wouldn't have gone to Lucas' time period, since he wouldn't be under Giygas' influence. It would cause a time paradox.

So MOTHER3 takes place after Earthbound.

... Do we really know what causes a Time Paradox? But the dagon (this is what I THINK!) prevented all from happening! Like it all went back, plus Pokey could be a incarnation...

Naaaaaaaah... You think?
Pages: 1 2