The VG Resource

Full Version: Crash Bandicoot (Mario Maker)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya!

Recently I've been working on a custom spritesheet (well, don't know if it qualifies as custom or not) for a Mario Maker styled Crash Bandicoot! It's still a WIP so it's not done yet, here's a small little sneak peek:

[Image: XsvD6BY.png]

There's still some Marios there because I was tracing over Mario as a reference. So, what do you think? Is it good? Does it suck? Please let me know.

-Multi
Are you editing it in layers? If so I think you may have left mario's hat underneath crash's hair. Also I would say it looks pretty similar to Mario. I would say work on emphasizing the things that make Crash look like Crash... wide eyes, high shoulders, big chest and skinny legs, big teeth, etc. I would look at the other Amiibo sprites that were made if you want a reference of how to fit different body types into the minimal dimensions of the Mario sprites. I would actually say that Crash would look more like Waluigi's sprites than Mario's.

But it really depends on how far you want to go with the edit
(10-27-2016, 02:53 PM)Koala Wrote: [ -> ]Are you editing it in layers? If so I think you may have left mario's hat underneath crash's hair. Also I would say it looks pretty similar to Mario. I would say work on emphasizing the things that make Crash look like Crash... wide eyes, high shoulders, big chest and skinny legs, big teeth, etc. I would look at the other Amiibo sprites that were made if you want a reference of how to fit different body types into the minimal dimensions of the Mario sprites. I would actually say that Crash would look more like Waluigi's sprites than Mario's.

But it really depends on how far you want to go with the edit

Yes, I am editing on layers with Paint.NET. Thank you for all your suggestions! I'll be sure to make sure I take it to good use.
I would edit out the front of the cap and make the hair strands a bit thicker, other than that good job.