The VG Resource

Full Version: DragonballZ Burstlimit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you are thinking about buying a game called DragonballZ Burstlimit, then I recommend you not to. I own this game and being a DragonballZ fan I am very disappointed that I do because it is a waste of money. The game may look good but actually, it's pointless. Here are the reasons why this game is a waste of money:

There are only 21 characters, meaning that there are loads of characters missing including Margin Buu, Adult Gohan, Kid Trunks, Goten and many others. Characters, like Goku and Vegeta are missing certain transformations, which don't make them very appealing and powerful as they're supposed to be. This doesn't make the game very exciting to play!

Also, the story mode sucks because it only lasts up until the end of the Cell Saga, which is extremely short!

I advise you to consider this if you are thinking on buying this game.
The gameplay is amazing and brings back the old Budokai feel, one of the few good DBZ games ever. Plus, the graphics are really rad.

The lack of characters and story bring it down and make it a rental game though. Why the hell didn't they cover the entire series like they did in the other games?

It's a case of good games with bad shortcomings.
I thought they would add downloadable content(Majin Buu Saga Characters at least).
And I heard there are only 5 stages, it's this true?
Yes, unfortunately, since there should have been more such as the Hyperbolic time chamber. But I've forgotten which ones there are in the game because I haven't played it in quite a while.
The removal of transformations could be to balance the characters? Some people don't WANT to fight Goku vs Vegeta vs Super Buu. I mean, one of my favorite characters was Krillin, but all he really has is the Unlocked Potential power up. And some characters don't even have THAT! Granted, the Sayains will always be the most powerful.
I have this game too, and I must say that I found it to be totally worth getting. Why? Because it's hilariously awful to play single player.
One thing that really pisses me off about the game particularly though is the mid-battle cutscene event things. They're long, repeated, and pointless.

In general, I got the game for a laugh above anything else. I got a laugh out of it, but it wasn't exactly fun. Just funny. I spent a good week or so playing it before I got bored, and every month or so I'll play a few matches with some friends and laugh about it.

It could have been so much more than it is.
If they made a DBZ game with every DB/Z/GT character, it would take up about 3gb of your 360 harddrive.

...That said, want.

i only have budokai 3, but yeah, the world map was awful and the battles were pretty good.
(11-18-2008, 07:54 PM)Emma Wrote: [ -> ]If they made a DBZ game with every DB/Z/GT character, it would take up about 3gb of your 360 harddrive.
It's called DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3. And it sucks.
I guess Emma meant a Budokai style DBZ Game with all these characters, Tenkaichi wasn't bad, it was just different and unexpected.
You had to press five buttons to do a special move.

No thank you.
Allow me to explain Burst Limit: It's really Dragon Ball Z: Budokai transplanted to the 8th Generation systems.

More likely than not, you'll see Burst Limit 2 soon, which'll be like Budokai 2. I prefer the Tenkaichi series, with the exception that several characters don't have their specific moves (Raditz doesn't have Double Sunday or "Watch the little birdy...", but Rapid Multifire Shot).
Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World is an updated Budokai 3, so forget that.
(11-20-2008, 05:57 AM)xTYVONx Wrote: [ -> ]You had to press five buttons to do a special move.

No thank you.
(11-19-2008, 12:17 AM)EDGE Wrote: [ -> ]It was just different and unexpected.
See.
Anyway, if they made it just like budokai people would complain about it...I admire them for trying something new.
And as I said before, the game is not bad.
Five buttons to do a special isn't different, it's stupid and it shouldn't be done ever.
I also own DragonballZ Budokia 3 and it was the first DragonballZ game I got. It was very good and that got me interested in DragonballZ games. Soon I got DragonballZ Budokia Tenkiechi, which was also very good but hard (even on the easiest mode) and then I got DragonballZ Budokia Tenkiechi 2, which was better than DragonballZ Budokia Tenkiechi because you could fly around in the story mode. The game was a lot simpler as well. Finally I got DragonballZ Burstlimit, which I regretted buying and already explained in detail why the game was disappointing.
Pages: 1 2