The VG Resource

Full Version: Various Mario Tilesets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone, I'm new here, but I'm not really new when it comes to spriting. There are some here that are old and some that were made pretty recently. There are some that use too many colors, but they are pretty old These are only some of what I've done. I just picked 5 random ones.

[Image: yS9KA9b.png?1][Image: U8eOCOZ.png?1]
[Image: Screenshot%20223.png][Image: 3IvwzwY.png?1]

[Image: WMCzWWl.png?1]
Are these meant to be Wario Land styled? Because they look pretty awesome.

Though I might mention that the flame in one of the tilesets looks weird, probably because of the banding and pillowshading. Pillowshading doesn't really work on a flame if the flame is grayscale, I don't think? Not even sure pillowshading should be used at all. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Other than that, good work!
(10-10-2016, 09:25 PM)Midday-Mew Wrote: [ -> ]Are these meant to be Wario Land styled? Because they look pretty awesome.

Though I might mention that the flame in one of the tilesets looks weird, probably because of the banding and pillowshading. Pillowshading doesn't really work on a flame if the flame is grayscale, I don't think? Not even sure pillowshading should be used at all. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Other than that, good work!

yeah it's an old flame that I keep using because in the game I use it for, half of the sprite is transparent. I usually don't pillowshade or band, but at the time, it seemed appropriate xD. In any case, you are correct. Pillowshading should not be a thing at all. Banding is only really ok if it's not all that noticeable to the point of affecting the sprite quality. Also no these aren't Wario Land styled. I was sorta pushing for my own style although they do seem to work in SMB3. Although I'm not sure how the flesh tileset would work in SMB3 since it hasn't really been tested out. It would probably fit some other style though.
Wow, this looks good! Wink