The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I got my hands on the RomFS of this game, and have been looking through it. The layout is pretty simple, but the files themselves are a bit unusual. I was hoping someone could help figure out how to rip models and textures from this game properly. Here's some samples to have a look at.

Dropbox Link
(10-02-2016, 12:16 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: [ -> ]So I got my hands on the RomFS of this game, and have been looking through it. The layout is pretty simple, but the files themselves are a bit unusual. I was hoping someone could help figure out how to rip models and textures from this game properly. Here's some samples to have a look at.

Dropbox Link

This format is identical to the new sly games and the san.cooked format is straight forward so I was able to write a bms script for it. I'm just learning so excuse me if it doesn't work in some cases. Here are the necessary scripts to unpack the archives and load the models in 3ds-max. Only meshes and uv support because I'm lazy.

[Image: 6k7qvUR.png]
Awesome work! Now all we need to figure out is textures.
(10-05-2016, 05:05 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome work! Now all we need to figure out is textures.

I think the textures are just the .tga format with a modified header.
Is there an easy way to convert them into normal tga's?
The link is dead.
Hi! Could you help me extracting the models? How did you got it? I'm just unpacked it all but now i don't know what to do...and i don't find any help with the kind of files that i unpacked.
(07-31-2017, 06:12 PM)ManuelLopez Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! Could you help me extracting the models? How did you got it? I'm just unpacked it all but now i don't know what to do...and i don't find any help with the kind of files that i unpacked.

I discover that the only files that i can decrypt from my romfs unpacked are the *.cooked files. This is correct? What kind of files i must obtain to get something similar than the Amy from the screenshots?