The VG Resource

Full Version: Dreamcast Ripping with nullDC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this has been asked several times before by others, but it never got resolved.

Using any 3D ripper with any Dreamcast emulator will get you flattened models. Supposedly, you can "re-inflate" these models, but I've never been able to do that. Now, allegedly, if you use nulldc's stereoscopic plugin, this won't always happen. The problem is that new versions of the emulator don't include or officially support the plugin

Well, when I replace the current plugin with the stereoscopic one, it claims there isn't a plugin at all. I was able to find an old version of the emulator that still officially supported it. However, when I start the emulator with 3D Ripper DX, the emulator instantly stops responding.

After some research, I discovered that this method will absolutely never work on any operating system after Windows XP. So I ran it on my Virtual PC running Windows XP, and...

...the emulator refused to start at all, even by itself: "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." Newer versions start fine, but not the one I need. Looking up this problem, I came upon the suggestion to install VisualC++. I did, and nothing changed.

So, can anyone provide insight into any of these problems?