The VG Resource

Full Version: M&L: Dream Team models ripping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I managed to dump a models from this game, but I cant find a way to export them properly. So, I want to know: is there a maxscript for importing bcmdl or any app that can properly export mesh, textures and UVs? Here are some screenshots: [attachment=6958][attachment=6959]
I'd suggest you to use Ohana3DS tool. Also support proper skin rigging, if you planned on the Giant fight characters, and works on levels well. Dream Team has used common 3DS format so far.
But I'm afraid the texture might be mess up (The UV is alright) due to Nintendo has using clamp mirror texture tricks (on most 3DS games) for the game. You need to proper it in your 3D program, if you wish to submit in Model-Resouces
(09-24-2016, 02:16 AM)RatchetMario Wrote: [ -> ]I'd suggest you to use Ohana3DS tool. Also support proper skin rigging, if you planned on the Giant fight characters, and works on levels well. Dream Team has used common 3DS format so far.
But I'm afraid the texture might be mess up (The UV is alright) due to Nintendo has using clamp mirror texture tricks (on most 3DS games) for the game. You need to proper it in your 3D program, if you wish to submit in Model-Resouces

Well, you see neither onana or every file explorer dont show textures in side menu(even though models are textured), so i cant export them:[attachment=6960][attachment=6961]
(09-24-2016, 04:54 AM)CHEMI6DER Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you see neither onana or every file explorer dont show textures in side menu(even though models are textured), so i cant export them:

I believe they might be stored somewhere....and the viewer has only showed the vertex color shader, not the textures. That's why Nintendo's 3DS game graphic is so good.

I have tested on Giant Fight background so far, and there is the some textures are grayscale that used to be the overlays vertex color on model. Some are used to be a real texture, or sprite.
(09-26-2016, 10:51 AM)RatchetMario Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2016, 04:54 AM)CHEMI6DER Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you see neither onana or every file explorer dont show textures in side menu(even though models are textured), so i cant export them:

I believe they might be stored somewhere....and the viewer has only showed the vertex color shader, not the textures. That's why Nintendo's 3DS game graphic is so good.

I have tested on Giant Fight background so far, and there is the some textures are grayscale that used to be the overlays vertex color on model. Some are used to be a real texture, or sprite.

Hi. Sorry for the bump(and also for me being ignorent, not responding or thanking you for your help). I've abandoned my attemps at ripping this game back then, but now I've returned to it. I've dug up a thread on Yoshi's lighthouse on how to extract archives in this game(and bodged together a utility to extract the files for me) and even renamed and organised all the game map files(which are a custom container for CGFX with collision and other level data and stuff). But when exporting models I found a few problems, which some of them I couldn't solve myself(and maybe you could help me with these):
1. As you wrote in your post, the tuxtures are messed up because of mirroring and stuff and I've read the thread on 3ds ripping, but neither mirroring nor mirroring and copying to the side(both vertically and horizontally) of texture images didn't help. It just gets messed up even more. I have very little knoledge in how texture coordinates and mapping work, so I have no idea on how to properly alter those. The thing that bothers me the most is that SPICA can properly show these models and correctly texture them, yet exports this broken mess. 
2. There's another problem that I can deal with myself, but just wanted to know if this is common or not. In another thread about M&L DX3 ripping I discovered that in that game some images with 100% transparent pixels may have assigned RGB values for those pixels, hiding some parts of the image(and SPICA just ignores that transplarency when rendering models, of course). And it appears that this games has the same thing: all textures have all pixels coloured, despite them having 100% transparency. It is fixable by just properly re-saving the image, but is this behaviour common? Here's an example, one is the original, while the other has the alpha channel stripped off(without any other edits).
[Image: pZj7hpR.png]
[Image: nUoZfiQ.png]

Other thing that isn't related to questions above, but I thought it would be interesting to post this here: while going through level files I found a few ones that are clearly unused and test levels and I haven't seen them being documented anywhere else. They don't have any textures in the filesystem, but have a few texture references in the material data(d_wood_test, d_desert_test, d_test_01 and d_koopa_test use textures from normal levels). I wonder if with some hacking we could get the game to load these instead of the normal maps... 
I'm gonna put an archive with those cgfx files(note: the way that the files are packaged by hte game doesn't preserve file names, so I had to give names to files on my own) in the attachements, so if anyone cares enough can post this to tcrf or somewhere else. The spoiler below contains screenshots of some of the most interesting ones(sorry, I was in a hurry to make these):