The VG Resource

Full Version: View obbfiles for android games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone know how to make the data show up in the obb folder on my phone? I cannot figure out how to do this. the game has to be installed on my phone, and I have to play it some in order for the game to download the data, like the 3d models, so I need to get those 3d models from the game that is installed on my phone.
https://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler/fiddler4

For Config:
http://docs.telerik.com/fiddler/Configur...gureForiOS

If online, this program will catch the HTTPS traffic the game uses to call and download the 3d model files to your cache in your phone. This is way easier than having to open up your phone in my opinion.
(09-07-2016, 09:08 PM)Anex Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler/fiddler4

For Config:
http://docs.telerik.com/fiddler/Configur...gureForiOS

If online, this program will catch the HTTPS traffic the game uses to call and download the 3d model files to your cache in your phone. This is way easier than having to open up your phone in my opinion.

this will pick up the data as I play?
Yes, but it should be meant for games like Pokemon go, which don't store data files directly on your device. In theory it should be able to catch even the assets files inside the phone, but only if they are used in that model online, so u should obtain only a partial dump of all the game data files. Actually most of the games store the real game files on the root folder, instead of the obb folder, with some exceptions. So another solution is to use a root explorer app on android and use it to drag and drop the files from the device to pc when they are connected. U shoud be able to see the obb and data folder (take a look even at the data folder near the obb) without need superuser privilegies. The problem comes when the data u need are in the root folder, in that case u need to root ur phone to have superuser privilegies, but i don't adivise u to do that. Instead I suggest u to use an Android emulator like, Bluestacks, Andy, and so on.. to install the game and that the game data frome there so u don't risk to mess up ur phone. Good luck.
Thank you this is very usefull
Once you get the files, what's a good way to extract the models? I'm using Unity Studio, and it doesn't seem to recognize any exportable assets. The files have names that are just a seemingly random string of characters, with no extension.
(10-04-2016, 07:45 PM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]Once you get the files, what's a good way to extract the models? I'm using Unity Studio, and it doesn't seem to recognize any exportable assets. The files have names that are just a seemingly random string of characters, with no extension.
There's the cases where the game's assets were stored inside the compressed archive files. (Most of the time, they can be decompressed using Unity Assets Bundle Extractor if the game was made using Unity.) Some game's assets are also requires some hex editing to make them readable in Unity Studio.

Also, Unity Studio has a problem where it cannot extract models from assets files from the games that were made using Unity version that is higher than version 5.3.5. It always throws the out of memory error whenever Unity Studio tries to export 3d models into fbx files from said assets version.
Unity Assets Bundle Extractor stops responding when I try to open the files. In fact, it just hosed up my computer for several minutes.

And I just realized this, but the game I'm trying to rip from is probably too new to use Unity Studio.
(10-10-2016, 02:01 AM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]Unity Assets Bundle Extractor stops responding when I try to open the files. In fact, it just hosed up my computer for several minutes.

And I just realized this, but the game I'm trying to rip from is probably too new to use Unity Studio.

Well this behaviour it may be due to various causes and the the newest games doesn't use necessarily the last relases of the unity3d engine.
So if u want to be sure about the unity3d engine version, you can use an hex editor. This small program let u take a look at bytes inside the files. For the unity3d engine assets it's quite simple to verify what version they uses, since u have to take a look at the first bytes. Anyway u can eventually upload one or some files and tell us the name of  the game so we can help you a bit more.