The VG Resource

Full Version: Target Renegade CPC to NES Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I just wanted to show everyone a small project I am working on: creating NES-style sprites of the CPC Target: Renegade characters. Here's what I have so far:

[Image: TargetRenegadeStuff.png]
Nice, but they are not 8-bit...
Note that the thing at the bottom doesn't say 8-bit, it says 8-bitish. But that's not really relevant.
btw I am working on a true Mr. Big right now. They made the NES Mr. Big a midget, and that seriously pissed me off. So I am making the Mr. Big featured in the CPC and Commodore versions: a huge dude that can crush you to death.
There's too many colors. Even if they're supposed to be 8-bitish there's only a two or three color limit for each character.
Well how am I supposed to make the right sprites from the CPC version without using the right colors? They would end up looking too much like the sprites they were based on without them.
Stop. You need to think exactly what you want to do, as you just asked how are you supposed to recreate the sprites if you sue differnt colors.

Ya. Converting them into a different style itself would change the colours, let alone a bittage.
(11-15-2008, 06:16 PM)WingWangWao Wrote: [ -> ]Well how am I supposed to make the right sprites from the CPC version without using the right colors? They would end up looking too much like the sprites they were based on without them.

Sure they won't be the exact colors but you should try using (but you're not limited to) this pallette. If you don't want them to look like that then add shading and make them 16-bit.
Maybe I can try to make the sprites look like the Commodore version. The CPC version has too many different colors, I won't lie. The Commodore version, on the other hand, will be much easier, because those sprites have much less colors.

I know this disagrees with the thread title, but I don't care. I'll just try making the Commodore 64 sprites from the same bases. They may be in my next post.