The VG Resource

Full Version: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All right, I've been trying to properly rip from this game for a while now. It DOES use the standard nsbmd and nsbtx formats, however, upon conversion of the models, they ALWAYS have completely destroyed UV's. For some bizarre reason these models do not convert properly. The textures are easily converted of course, but the UV's of the models mess up on any of the models, making ripping them virtually impossible. I was hoping someone could figure out the problem here so I can get certain models from this game. Here are a few samples.

Dropbox Link
There's a setting I believe in MKDS that allows you to run a UV fix on the newly exported obj's. Under Tools > OBJ UV Patcher open up the exported model. That MAY fix things, however I'm uncertain.
Are you using the final version of MKDS Course Modifier?
If not go ahead and get it here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...CMLast.zip
It fixes a lot of problems that were in the other versions of MKDSCM.
I'll try the UV patcher. I'm pretty sure I have the final version too...

EDIT: UV patcher doesn't seem to work.
A little thing I've learned from TomixNScale89 is that sometimes, you have to flip to experiment with fliping the texture to all 4 corners. This method will map the train to the correct texture's if the texture itself is flipped the right way. Take this here texture for example:

[Image: d46195a64e46db14be3a6632caed815a.png]

You see how it's just like this. Well when flipped correctly, it will look like this:

[Image: 2d1a00c30f0721f1133f53eff2b2c657.png]

When applied onto the model, it will look like it does ingame, as show in this blender render:

[Image: ee2471415418be63bb4285d36ad55934.png]

Hope this helps!
I'll give it a shot, but I still think it's a UV problem. We'll find out here shortly.

EDIT: Amazing! It worked! Thank you so much!
No problem!