The VG Resource

Full Version: Aliens CM map ripping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using 3d ripper dx to rip pieces of maps from AVP 2010, so i tried it on Colonial Marines and it just crashes the game.  So next i tried ninja ripper and it seemed to grab all the models from the map but no terrain, and everything it captured looked like it was in a big pile rather than how it appeared on the screen like dx.  It's unreal engine 3 so i thought umodel might work but it doesnt do maps just models.  

There seems to be a great knowledge base here so i was just wondering if anyone knew any alternatives  to what I've tried to get a map into a exportable 3d format like obj, or maybe even a way to get 3d ripper dx to work with the game.

I'm running windows 7 64 bit and my video card is a AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series.
Hi. I can't help you with Colonial Marines. I don't know why it doesn't work. But if I were to guess, it's because it's a Unreal Engine, I don't know if that program works on that game. But I do know, there is a program that does work for individual models called Umodel. I've gotten a lot of ACM models from that game with this program. But unfortunately it doesn't rip maps.

But could I ask how you ripped the maps from the AVP2010 game so I can too. Or offer to give me copies of those maps. I make animated Aliens movies as a hobby and been trying to rip that game. Can you help me?