The VG Resource

Full Version: Mario & Luigi Dream Team Mario Model
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I ripped Mario's model from M&LDT and I was going to prepare it for submission, but Dream Team seems to be a pending game (I guess that means someone else submitted models for it)

Is Mario among them? I don't want to submit it if it's already been submitted. Thanks (and sorry if this is the wrong board, there are only 3 categories in the models resource section and I didn't really think this fit in any of them)

Also if I do submit it, is this an acceptable preview image (I haven't made it the correct dimensions yet but it should give you an idea)

[Image: tQGLCyM.png]

Edit: I submitted it anyway, using the T pose for the previews instead of the above.
It looks good, but I don't know what all's been ripped from it either. I've been trying to get Giant Luigi from this game for ages but no matter how I extract him, he always is messed up in some way.
What's messed up about him, may I ask? Is it that he is always holding his hammer? I noticed there's several copies of his model in the filesystem as well.

I'm having a texture problem with the Zeekeeper. Not all his textures are included with his model, which is weird. I can't find them.
No, the hammer is supposed to be there. What usually happens when I convert him is either there's parts missing, or the UV's are messed up beyond repair.
Huh, after exporting and bringing it into Sketchfab, you're right. Applying the texture that obviously contains the hat... to the hat, turns it black instead of green. Have you tried all the copies of the model present in the filesystem? If not, I might do that shortly.
I might have missed some of them...I don't have the files any more either.
Yeah... Luigi's pretty messed up and I'm not sure how to fix. More positive news though, I submitted Dreambert, Bowser, and Robo-Drilldigger.

Here's their previews along with Mario's:
[Image: IG0Qy1c.png][Image: KeDVdg7.png][Image: lvW6nb5.png][Image: GfId9oo.png]
OK, they all got rejected Sad

What did I do wrong? Guess I'm just not a model person since I've never submitted a model that got accepted. Mario's model didn't have anything wrong with it as far as I could tell, I could pose him fine in 3DS Max. And I honestly thought any initially missing or messed up textures was a problem with 3DS Max as well. I was able to apply the textures just fine (which is what I've seen with other models I downloaded off this site so I can't see the difference)

Ohana is the only tool I know of that can even read these files, I thought they looked and worked awesome...
(07-30-2016, 12:34 PM)fawfulthegreat64 Wrote: [ -> ]OK, they all got rejected Sad

What did I do wrong? Guess I'm just not a model person since I've never submitted a model that got accepted. Mario's model didn't have anything wrong with it as far as I could tell, I could pose him fine in 3DS Max. And I honestly thought any initially missing or messed up textures was a problem with 3DS Max as well. I was able to apply the textures just fine (which is what I've seen with other models I downloaded off this site so I can't see the difference)

Ohana is the only tool I know of that can even read these files, I thought they looked and worked awesome...

I've had the same issue using Ohana.
Generally, I recommend testing your models using another 3D program like Blender. You can also try exporting with Noesis because I heard that can help fix some models.
3DS max is the only modeling program I have any knowledge of, I've tried blender but its controls are weird since I'm used to the controls of 3DS max.

Noesis? Never heard of it. Can that read bcres files?

Also why do some models come out with "dummy" as their default textures?
(07-30-2016, 01:06 PM)fawfulthegreat64 Wrote: [ -> ]3DS max is the only modeling program I have any knowledge of, I've tried blender but its controls are weird since I'm used to the controls of 3DS max.

Noesis? Never heard of it. Can that read bcres files?

Also why do some models come out with "dummy" as their default textures?

Blender is confusing as hell when you first use it. Looking up some tutorials and experimenting with it can make using it better.

Noesis can't read .bcres but you can use it to load and export .DAE or .FBX

Don't know. Might be some weird issue with Ohana3ds. Also, did you read what the text in your rejection PM said?
Quote: The model's bones do not work properly. The bones do not move the proper model vertices when manipulated, if at all. This is usually caused by faulty exporting.

You may have to find another method to export the model if trying again does not work.

Be sure to always test your exports before submitting them.
   Ohana ruins the textures by putting black in the transparent areas. If you can, use EveryFileExplorer to rip the textures instead.

That's what was said for Mario. I don't understand the black transparency part since I'm pretty sure I did get some transparent textures out of Ohana. I was using Sketchfab to render them since I am not sure how to get the shading right in 3DSmax, and after some fiddling in Sketchfab I got the textures to display properly.

The problem is, I've had the exact same, or similar problem with models I downloaded from here so I wasn't aware they got rejected because of those issues.