The VG Resource

Full Version: Bytan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am making custom Supspace Emissary Enimies Because no one else has. I decided to start easy, which is why I chose the Bytan. I hope you like it.
To be honest, they're very bad. Looks like you just scribbled a mouth in a deformed pokéball. The colors are horrible, the shading is blocky and wrong (you should shade it as a whole, not as a piece).

Briefly: scrap it and redo. Don't use MS Paint circle tools and random scribbles.
(11-13-2008, 04:01 PM)gorsal Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, they're very bad. Looks like you just scribbled a mouth in a deformed pokéball. The colors are horrible, the shading is blocky and wrong (you should shade it as a whole, not as a piece).

Briefly: scrap it and redo. Don't use MS Paint circle tools and random scribbles.

Yes, definitely. Especially the scribbled mouth part. The shading is pretty bad too. It's very..........hmm....blotchy.
Hello again

I did a little bit of my own job on these, to show you a better look for it, and hell, I made it lots better than I x-pected. The work I did is attached.
Contradicting light sources, scribbled features, absolutely ridiculous amount of colors, and it looks even less like bytan.
So no its not better, in fact I think its worse.
It took you 40 minutes to make that?

(11-13-2008, 05:31 PM)TwilightSamus Wrote: [ -> ]Hello again

I did a little bit of my own job on these, to show you a better look for it, and hell, I made it lots better than I x-pected. The work I did is attached.

Sorry but I think it's not better than the original. More colors=/=better sprites.
When it comes to spriting specific characters, it helps to use references.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Bytan <- A couple of images of Bytan can be found here.