The VG Resource

Full Version: Pokemon Go
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So far I have found every model in pokemon go with the aid of the several unity tools out there (Assets Bundle Extractor, Unity Studio, Disunity...)

Except the pokemon. I have searched all throughout the files and I cannot find the models or the textures. This reminded me of a thread which someone brought up the idea where the models might be stored on a server, and the client downloads them (possibly to prevent hackers from getting hold of the models or to save space). If this is the case, is it still possible to rip the models? Without tools such as Ninja Ripper?
(07-25-2016, 03:41 PM)Ariss Wrote: [ -> ]So far I have found every model in pokemon go with the aid of the several unity tools out there (Assets Bundle Extractor, Unity Studio, Disunity...)

Except the pokemon. I have searched all throughout the files and I cannot find the models or the textures. This reminded me of a thread which someone brought up the idea where the models might be stored on a server, and the client downloads them (possibly to prevent hackers from getting hold of the models or to save space). If this is the case, is it still possible to rip the models? Without tools such as Ninja Ripper?

They're on a server, the pokeball models are stored in the files. I'm going after them myself too, I will aid you.
With that said, the servers are down. However, all sounds have been ripped by myself, SuperFlomm, and ThatTrueStruggle.
How did you rip the models?
Assets Bundle Extractor can't handle compressed assets, Unity Studio doesn't support Pokemon Go's meshes, and DisUnity's a pile of garbage.
So far, I've only got the few uncompressed meshes Pokemon Go has, but the different Pokeball models are missing.
Aha! Just as I had suspected. The assets that are in the unity bundles are easy to get with the tools we currently have, but the Pokémon meshes and textures will be tricky. Someone who has a jail broken iOS device could use the network monitoring function and see how the game fetches the models and textures. I'm not familiar with the android counterpart. That must be why Pokémon go is eating away people's cellular data...

Hopefully we won't have to go into blue stacks and screencap the models, I haven't even gotten blue stacks to work with the game.

So if someone with a jailbroken iOS device would like to help us out I could tell you how to install flex and use the network monitoring function.

(07-31-2016, 01:26 PM)GordenFreemant Wrote: [ -> ]How did you rip the models?
Assets Bundle Extractor can't handle compressed assets, Unity Studio doesn't support Pokemon Go's meshes, and DisUnity's a pile of garbage.
So far, I've only got the few uncompressed meshes Pokemon Go has, but the different Pokeball models are missing.
Well to view the models in Pokémon I exported the meshes as .fbx from unity studio and opened them up in 3ds max. I would've suggested blender but it STILL doesn't support binary fbx files (or was it ascii?)
I didn't have the time to take a look at the game cache files on bluestacks, anyway some guys was able to convert almost all models from this game, here u go: http://roestudios.co.uk/project/3d-pokemon-models/
(08-01-2016, 06:43 PM)Orwell Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't have the time to take a look at the game cache files on bluestacks, anyway some guys was able to convert almost all models from this game, here u go: http://roestudios.co.uk/project/3d-pokemon-models/

No. These are models ripped from random games. Most of the models aren't rigged, and none of them are from GO.

(08-01-2016, 10:30 AM)Ariss Wrote: [ -> ]Well to view the models in Pokémon I exported the meshes as .fbx from unity studio and opened them up in 3ds max. I would've suggested blender but it STILL doesn't support binary fbx files (or was it ascii?)

It was ASCII that wasn't supported. But you can use Autodesk's FBX Converter to use ASCII FBX files in Blender.
There's no need for someone to have a jailbroken device to do this, just a working connection, and Fiddler proxy. The servers are terrible, so it'll be slightly difficult to get them.
(08-01-2016, 06:57 PM)nobody231 Wrote: [ -> ]But you can use Autodesk's FBX Converter to use ASCII FBX files in Blender.
Didn't know about that one − thanks!

(08-01-2016, 07:16 PM)Anex Wrote: [ -> ]just a working connection, and Fiddler proxy.
Make sure to stop updating the game then. Niantic has started using certificate pinning, which makes sniffing app traffic nearly impossible.
(Unless you disassemble the game and remove the certificate check, but who would do that?)
If anybody can get the link or data for the online files please send me a link. I have found some urls the game apparently connects to.
[Image: fullsizerender1.jpg]
(08-05-2016, 01:36 PM)Julian0555 Wrote: [ -> ]If anybody can get the link or data for the online files please send me a link. I have found some urls the game apparently connects to.

Eh!? Those all have something to do with advertisements! Google API seems to be for the map functions, but the others look to be ad sites. What's going on here!?
(08-05-2016, 03:45 PM)nobody231 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2016, 01:36 PM)Julian0555 Wrote: [ -> ]If anybody can get the link or data for the online files please send me a link. I have found some urls the game apparently connects to.

Eh!? Those all have something to do with advertisements! Google API seems to be for the map functions, but the others look to be ad sites. What's going on here!?
Honestly I don't know either but They are real things that it tries to connect to

(08-05-2016, 03:45 PM)nobody231 Wrote: [ -> ]

Honestly I don't know either but They are real things that it tries to connect to
i have found 1 file http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-29514-...#pid621092 , can't find a way to open it