The VG Resource

Full Version: Whisp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys! Im new here! I had a topic in the arrivals thread though... anyway I bet youre wanting me to show you the sprites I made. Anyway.... Im sure all of you are familiar with whisp, the ghost from animal crossing GC and by all of you i mean 1/2500 of you Hehe. I made a custom of him. Here he is.
[Image: Ghost.jpg][Image: 6AV8CAF12PQHCAVA86CICA917820CALQ1F5.jpg]
I'd likke some C+C please =) Thanks guys!
He seems a little squarish on the top.

It's okay Smile

Oh, and this should be in Sprite discussion.
Don't save as JPG. See all that noise?
Use PNG instead.

The Shape is off, it's too blocky overall. See, that ghost has rather the shape of an egg than of a dice.
Also, the colors. Your reference shows a blue ghost and yours is white.
Additionally, you may him want to face a bit to the side rather than straight towards the camera. :]
oh sorry sky,..... umm could a mod move this please?
There guys I played around with it a little more and made the head a little more round instead of flat.
[Image: Ghost-1.jpg]
how is it now?
Also, the ghost isnt blue, thats just how the screenshot of him was. On Animal crossing you see him at night so he looks blue but he's really white Wink
also, could a moderator please move this to sprite discussions please?
Personally, i think it's cool! But i reckon the sides need a bit more rounding Smile
Thanks castle crasher, you have no idea how much it means to me =D Anyway, i made him a little rounder and made his hands a little bigger so he would look all round with tiny hands. How is he now?
[Image: Ghost-2.jpg]
The top is still kind of off, but better. The sprite is still JPG'd, fix it. Also, the outline should never be lighter than the color inside. The shading's also a bit odd, but you should start with that.
I appreciate the criticsm but that sprite is not JPG'ed i swear! I saved one as JPGed and it looked all blurry but that sprite isnt Jpg'ed.
It. Is. JPGed.
Zoom in, take a look. You see? Noise everywhere! Very Sad

I aggree on that you should make the outline darker than the inside...

The shape is still off. It should rather be an egg than a ball. Peak to the top.
The eyes should be a bit rounder.
The mouth is too straight. Make it more curvy.
His hand-arm-things should be connected to the body - they look as if they were seperate.
The eyebrows shouldn't be such straight lines, I'd say - make them a bit curvy, too. They may be a bit thicker, aswell.
Personaly I think it looks great, but try making the shading a bit...Better.

Otherwise Brilliant!
It's because you saved as JPG first and when you saved as PNG, you forgot to fix it, so it looks JPGed =P
It's too short, as BK said, it should look like an Egg. Also, there's too much contrast between the lightest and the darkest color, and when you tried to blend them, you made a gradient that didn't look good, these 3-4px lines on it made it ugly. You should try blending it on a rising amount of pixels, for example, the darkest color, 2 pixels, the next, 3, and so on. I don't mean exactly that combination, find the one that looks best. Also, you're making a wall shading, I mean, you're just following the outline. If you look at the image, the shading circles Whisp. Try making a circular shading.
Try making the eyes closer. You keep improving this, and it's going to turn out great!
The picture is blue because Wisp is only seen during the night. In Animal Crossing, that means just tinting the screen blue.

I've *gasp* hacked the game to make Wisp appear during the day, he is indeed white.
Mmm that was good dinner! Hi guys Im'm back. Sorry i wasnt on Friday (US) I was at a friends. Anyway i worked more on the Whisp sprite! I tried fixing the squarish part like sky told me to do. I used PNG also. I also rounded it a bit more but i kept it oval which was i big problem for me but i whent back and tried to fix it. Im a little happier with how the shading came out but im not really sure. What do you guys think?
[Image: ghost-3.jpg]
Hmm, for some reason it keeps showing up JPEG, try hosting it on Imageshack, I've had some troubles with Photobucket in which the file converted to JPEG on its own.
Pages: 1 2