The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Bubsy (PC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So while I was ripping the Genesis tiles for Bubsy the Bobcat I discovered that there was a remake of the game made for PC with remastered graphics called Super Bubsy.

I managed to get my hands on a copy and it's pretty neat but I have no idea how to get into the game's archives.

It seems the sprites are kept in the Spr_Bub.fst file.

Link to the file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_eVWBf...sp=sharing

I think the tilesets are kept in the .gam files, though there are a lot of them.

If anyone is up to ripping from the game I know I'd be mighty grateful. Big Grin
I took a looksy upon first seeing your thread a few days ago.
There are multiple strings with what appears to be the filnames of .bmp graphics, and this is simply from opening in notepad++

i sadly don't quite know how to extract BMP's or use any of the universal sprite-rippers, i've tried many times. no luck

maybe i'll take a closer look, maybe...

if someone else doesn't beat me to the punch, and i honestly hope they do, cuz i need to stop taking-on new projects...lol
we had a thread about this earlier but i dunno what happened
link
wow...
looks to me like it must have died
also, someone needs to get puggsoy and ploaj here, ASAP
they made some serious progress, and also, umm... these are some files i DEFINITELY cannot crack.

thx for pointing that thread out!
Oh crap this again...

I'll take a look when I have some free time, I'm quite busy this week so probably next week. Maybe looking at them after such a long time will show me something new.
It is often recommended when faced with an enigma to take a break from it, then maybe return and try a new approach, or just after a while, you'll realize something.

Some significant breakthroughs were made by various people who practiced this, be it intentional or not.