The VG Resource

Full Version: Extracting .dat files from Platinum Studio games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, I want to take a look at some models in the Legend of Korra game by Platinum Studios and they're packaged in the .dat format, but I'm not sure how to unpack them and take a look at the files using Noesis.

Can anybody help me out?
So nobody knows? I know about MGRRTools but for some reason it never extracts the files properly.
for a start, and why people seem to not do this...idk, you may want to provide or offer the files you even wiash to be examined
(07-16-2016, 08:32 AM)flipdark95 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there, I want to take a look at some models in the Legend of Korra game by Platinum Studios and they're packaged in the .dat format, but I'm not sure how to unpack them and take a look at the files using Noesis.

Can anybody help me out?

Download the dattool.rar from >>HERE<<. It includes dattool.exe. Extract the files and copy and paste them too your LOK "pl/" directory. Double click the dat.bat file. This will extract PL0000.dat. Right click dat.bat and select edit. Than change "pl0000.dat pla000/" too the next .dat file in the directory, i.e: pl00f0.dat pl00f0/.

Hope this solves your problem!
^ Cool, that's working like a charm. Is there a way I can just drag and drop each DAT file into the .bat instead of manually changing the name?
(07-22-2016, 12:04 AM)flipdark95 Wrote: [ -> ]^ Cool, that's working like a charm. Is there a way I can just drag and drop each DAT file into the .bat instead of manually changing the name?

Glad it's working. Not that I'm aware. Sorry mate. My batch skills ain't up to scratch. LOL