The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping From PS4/Xbox One?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that this is possible but it seems information is scarce when it comes
to this topic in particular. I am more then willing to learn,the problem being,
no one is willing to teach on threads,forums,or publicly it seems. Heres what
i DO know. I know that each game is different so in a nuthsell,Not every game
will allow you to extract from it. I do happen to know this franchise in particular
the final fantasy series,Has "rip-happy" models. The game i want to rip from is
just a mere Demo,First things first. I need basic knowledge on how to rip from
Physical consoles.
Ripping from PS4 and XBox One games is currently IMPOSSIBLE to extract the game file form.
No one know about it, you have to wait longer until some hackers figure it out.
(07-15-2016, 01:09 AM)RatchetMario Wrote: [ -> ]Ripping from PS4 and XBox One games is currently IMPOSSIBLE to extract the game file form.
No one know about it, you have to wait longer until some hackers figure it out.

I assume Nintendo's piss poor security has a lot to do with how quickly people managed to get their hands on game files/models etc
Does that mean PS4/Xbox One security is way better or there's simply a lack of interest on the matter?
Security and the extra hoops you need to make in order to get it. Like first and foremost ripping the game itself.

Plus, most games that are on Consoles are also on PC too like Street Fighter V and Batman: Arkham Knight. Which people just took the PC version and be done with it.

Personally, I think it might take years for it happen. I mean yes PS4/Xbox One is PC-friendly but unless you work for them, its too difficult and expensive right now. Besides PS Vita are NOW rippable and that took like I don't know 6 years?
Wii U Ripping is better than PS4 and XBox One, 2 Consoles Ripping is Coming Soon!
(07-15-2016, 02:59 AM)AlistairRoo Wrote: [ -> ]I assume Nintendo's piss poor security has a lot to do with how quickly people managed to get their hands on game files/models etc
Does that mean PS4/Xbox One security is way better or there's simply a lack of interest on the matter?

Sony and Microsoft guys know how to prevent from piracy games at moment, especially hackers, they know how to write the complex security code in every new consoles come to year.

If I can remember though that Blu-ray or PS3 disk taking for 4 years to break the security.