The VG Resource

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts II Sora
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have edited the CoM sheet into Kingdom Heart II's Sora. It took me a while but here it is:
[Image: SquareEnixSpritesKH2SoraSheet.png]
This is actually better than expected. Great work!
Wow, it's good for an edit but the effects for the fourth magic spell look stretched a little.
Are you talking about the effects that are not in the black strip like the other effects? Well, CoM's version of Fira is different from KH:II's version. In Kingdom Hearts II, there are 3 or so fireballs that rotate around Sora. In CoM, he shoots a fireball from the keyblade. I left the CoM effects there, if anyone wanted to see where I got it from, and also left in my fireball edits next to the sprites used in the animation. The part thats supposed to be animated there is the one with the fireballs around it. This is how it looks like:
[Image: KH2SoraFiragraAnimation.gif]
Heres a video of it in-game(0:17-19):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Iiqlxv7KhE

Thanks for the compliments and such.
3 things:

I don't recall a custom sheet submitted and accepted by you before. Link to an example please.
There's a lot of unnecessary fluff on that sheet that you can remove to bring down the file size. The sprites for spells have already been ripped, so we don't need 'em again.
Just... what's different about this Sora sprite to the original? It just looks recoloured. I'm aware the models are similar, but there are height differences and the like. can we get a sprite comparison up in here?
(11-12-2008, 08:09 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]3 things:

I don't recall a custom sheet submitted and accepted by you before. Link to an example please.
There's a lot of unnecessary fluff on that sheet that you can remove to bring down the file size. The sprites for spells have already been ripped, so we don't need 'em again.
Just... what's different about this Sora sprite to the original? It just looks recoloured. I'm aware the models are similar, but there are height differences and the like. can we get a sprite comparison up in here?

Well, its not just recolored, just so you know. I have un-iso'd most of the sprites and custom made a few to make the animations look better(when Un-iso'd, the feet look totally screwed up compared to the body, so I had to edit some sprites there.) I added the Keyblade to all of the sprites, and added details that werent present from CoM's Sora(there were no bags at all on Sora's pants, so there wasnt anything to recolor. I added on bags to every sprite and the chain things that keep them together.) If you want, Ill take off the Character Renders, but I thought it made the sheet look better in general since it took up more space. Ill take out the magic spells, I guess, I thought it just made it more convenient to the user to know exactly which animation went to each spell. I didnt make a custom sheet yet for tSR, but heres your quote:

"Members may not directly post custom sheets on any Submission Board; with the exception of a few established submitters who already have work on tSR.

This means if you've never had a custom sheet submitted to tSR in the past, you may not post custom sheets on a Submission board."

Its not exactly 100% custom, since I edited it from CoM's Sora. The only thing I can tell by looking at the sheet thats wrong is that perhaps the sprites should be a little taller, since he grew in the time period of sleep for a year between CoM and KH:II.

Heres the abridged version of the sheet you wanted:
[Image: SpritersResourceKH2SoraSheet.png]
Custom sheets do include edit, you realise.

But the sheet appears to be fine, and you've given reasonable explanations, so I won't move this. Not my job to accept sheets though; so you'll have to sit tight on that one.
Has anyone accepted it yet for tSR?
Be patient. Dazz takes care of that, but he's busy with revamping the site.
Sure, I'll accept it, why not Smile
I've updated the sheet, and fixed a few errors Dazz.
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z239/...heet-1.png
Please use this one if its not that much trouble.