The VG Resource

Full Version: Star Ocean 2nd story (PSX)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It doesn't take a rocket scientist that trying to scan star ocean 2nd story in psicture will give you absolutely FUCKING NOTHING!

Well, then dudes started trying it on PSX-VRAM and thought it was impossible also because the screenshot didnt show up on the left.

Well I felt we needed change and needed to move on.

For I have sucessfully ripped some sprites out of Star ocean 2, PSX.

Here are WIP's
THESE ARE NOWHERE NEAR COMPLETE

[Image: AshtonWIP.PNG]

[Image: ChisatoWIP.PNG]

[Image: ClaudeWIP.PNG]

[Image: MonsterWIP.png]

[Image: NoelWIP.PNG]

[Image: RenaWIP.PNG]

[Image: SO2-FOREST.PNG]
If you don't do Ashton and Diaz I will only bear one of your children. But if you do them I'll bear as many as you want Heart33

Really though, this is pretty awesome, I'd love to see more.
Looks great.
What's your method?
Update:

Ashton will be complete near tonight most likely, his tri-Ace sword only comes in one sprite, a standing still one, so you'll have to flip rotate the sword in whatever program it be and mathc it up with a sword effect. Sorry for that one.

Claude - His sword is also just one initial sprite, flip it and rotate to however it'll look correct in his swinging stance or whatever once i rip it.

Monsters - Just taking whatever random crap is lying around in psx-vram if i can find their palette

Others - Blah, i dont even know, FX are pretty hard to get @ because their broken into pieces =\ its gonna be a bitch to rip fire bird shockwave and ripper blast.
holy shit !

why u got negative rep, someone give this man some rep!! +rep

best game ever made here. nubs should learn from this fella *poops golden poop of appoval on topic*

edit:

[Image: starocean.png]

i was riping this game 2 years ago kinda, i dont know if this is any help but yeah here. I used to screenshot and crop and straighten the pixels to rip, I wanted to start it back up soon but cant on this computer cause its too weird for anything beside stremaing web and spriting

(rena walking backwards dont use that if youre gonna use this cause thats not the real ripped thing, it was me crappily trying to make my own)
so only thing usable is the top left mini sheets thats front left and right walking. everything else is me messing around
(11-14-2008, 11:15 PM)pretty nitty Wrote: [ -> ]holy shit !

why u got negative rep, someone give this man some rep!! +rep

best game ever made here. nubs should learn from this fella *poops golden poop of appoval on topic*

edit:

i was riping this game 2 years ago kinda, i dont know if this is any help but yeah here. I used to screenshot and crop and straighten the pixels to rip, I wanted to start it back up soon but cant on this computer cause its too weird for anything beside stremaing web and spriting

(rena walking backwards dont use that if youre gonna use this cause thats not the real ripped thing, it was me crappily trying to make my own)
so only thing usable is the top left mini sheets thats front left and right walking. everything else is me messing around

Thanks for that man, some pretty sweet edits in there also. I mainly wanna thank you for the emotes and ashton's dragons.

But no, im not doing screen + cropping Wink Thanks also for the pos rep.
the dragons that arent on his back are edits i made, and the emotes arent clear pixel rips and partial edits of mine to look better. so yeah if use anything only use the walking poses cause those are the only true rips on that image i have.

oh and i forgot i had this

[Image: a1092d30.gif]

ripped that animation too and found it in my photobucket

and had the angry emote animated for fun
[Image: angry.gif]

={o
how have accomplished this? How did you rip these sprites?

You MUST rip dias flac's battle sprites.
THANK YOU. I have been searching long and far for some Star Ocean sprites!

All I could find was Ashton and Rena, but now I got these... w00t. Soon my collection will complete. Big Grin

I eagerly await the ripping of the rest of the characters.
where guy go. ____________________________:

Very Sad
i agree, this looked like it was gonna shape up to be an excellent project
I Would kill for the sprites of the Ten Sages! (Main Villains)

Just kidding I won't kill, but seriously, if you can; be sure to rip them.

Pic of Ten Sages
man I can't believe this isn't a bigger project.. some of the sprites in this game are awesome!
Wow, totally forgot about this.

I'll have to get back to work on this once i get the iso back on my new OS,
until then check back in about 3 days or so and I'll have some new material up.
Sorry for necroposting... but, any chance of you keep on ripping the sprites?

I've been trying to rip them, but I couldn't rip the NPCs sprites using PSX-VRAM, and I don't know any other ripping method...

Thanks in advance
See ya \o\
Pages: 1 2