The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Mario Adventures Online *Revamp Announcment*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys! So, as some of you may have seen awhile back I was developing a Mario fan-based MMORPG. Although things happened in which development has stopped, BUT! I am happy to announce that not only is development resuming, but I am recreating a brand new engine for it in C# featuring the DirectX 12 graphics engine, with Visual Studio 2015. I am currently flying solo on this project, although I am open to anybody who wants to be a part of it. I will update the post as progress is made, hopefully we can establish a much better base this time around!
DirectX 12 ?! You will use high generation 3D graphics with AAA realism and large draw calls batching ?... Anyway good luck !
Yes but here's the catch and problem, DX12 is only supported for Windows 10. SMAO would likely be a Windows 10 app, while 8 and lower would have to run DX 10-11 due to lack of support from DX 12 which is much more work on my part but hopefully worth it.. And the performance setbacks for users of 8 and lower.. But DX 11 shouldn't hopefully be too much of a set back.
But why you want to use DirectX 12? For sprite based games it doesn't change rendering system, hardware acceleration is already implemented.
I was thinking a 3D game tbh, me and my friend wanted to make a 3D game for the longest time. So we wanna give it a shot, if it works we can kick all other Mario mmorpg' some to the curb.
You will use Visual Studio for 3D graphics ?
(07-01-2016, 12:17 PM)supermariodx24 Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking a 3D game tbh, me and my friend wanted to make a 3D game for the longest time. So we wanna give it a shot, if it works we can kick all other Mario mmorpg' some to the curb.
Are you sure?
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-28568-page-6.html

Two people isnt too much different from one, and i have to say a 3D game is way different from your previous proyect (2D and a MMO Based..... Engine?)

Is just a tip, is fine to have dreams, but try to keep them closer to your capabilities, I will happily test your game to find any issues or something like that, so let me know when you have a playable part, also, i have Windows 7, try to make it compatible Cute
(07-01-2016, 12:17 PM)supermariodx24 Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking a 3D game tbh, me and my friend wanted to make a 3D game for the longest time. So we wanna give it a shot, if it works we can kick all other Mario mmorpg' some to the curb.

I would love to see it in 3D. This will surely enhance your skills for sure. I can not wait for future updates!

that would be great! Can you post it here?