The VG Resource

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I have just signed up for this forum, however, I have been coming to this site for a few years now.
Grabbing sprite sheets. Messing with them. For fun. Stuff for fun. I keep meaning to do an open BOR game but then only getting the levels done and realizing I can't program.
But I have a big collection of saved sprites now, for some reason, ha ha ha.

Anyhow, I was making a few levels for another person's game, using stuff from Batman Returns on SNES. I loved that game as a kid.
Then the person I was making it for said maybe I ought to try a Batman game. Well, I wasn't certain, but then I ended up playing a bunch of Arkham Knight and reading comics and a story got into my head, so I kind of thought I might try.

I looked at the Batman Returns sprites but a few were missing. Where were the fat clowns? The knife throwing ladies? Those stupid stilts clowns who keep throwing torches?
So I ripped them. Stuck them into sheets. Now I have those sheets.
However, I have no idea how I am suppose to go about submitting them. I'm looking around, but I can't seem to find it. I guess I must be missing wherever that info is.
Can anybody help me out?

I may end up ripping the bosses that haven't been done for that game yet. Well, maybe. We'll see.
Hello and welcome! It's actually pretty great to see a new member who came on with not just the intention of ripping but with content already ready to go! I can definitely help you get them submitted.

Go to the game's page while you're logged in and, at the top, you should see an "Add New Sheet" button. Simply fill out the form (including an icon, while optional, is encouraged), submit, and your sheets will be added to the queue. The process is mostly the same with games that don't yet exist except that you'd go to the console and click on "Add New Game" first.

If you have any questions, just let me know. Again, welcome and thank you for filling in those missing pieces!
Aha!

Thank you for your reply! I didn't even see the add new sheet button. I guess I must have not gone onto a game's page when I was logged in yet.

Should the icon just be a transparent png of the character? Does this get automatically placed onto the background with the name?
Thanks again!
The icon is indeed just the center part of the image. The border, background, and text all get added automatically by the site. If you need a visual though, take a look at some of the existing icons. You can open the image in a new tab or window to see exactly what's expected. For the most part though, you're spot-on - the character on an appropriately sized transparent background, PNG format, is perfect.
Heh, that's actually how I checked to assume in the first place.

Perfect. Submitted. Thank you! Very easy process once I knew what I was doing.

One more question... I left my pngs as RGB. Do people prefer them indexed? I can do that next time, if it's better.
Personally I like them just RGB because I tend to swap colours an do my own indexing later...
Thanks!

I can't answer your last question though. I manage the community and maintain the technical workings of the sites but I'm not overly familiar with the actual content. Hopefully one of our staff will come by with an answer shortly though.
Hello and welcome, I Play some games of batman too. I hope to see more sprites from you and good job on fat Clown. Looks long time for hin sprites.