The VG Resource

Full Version: How do I convert/port assets to unity?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to export assets to unity but I am absolutely new to game design and unity.

I'm pretty sure I can find out how to rip assets but converting them is another matter. I want to convert Digimon World 1 or Digimon Masters Online assets to unity(not just models but terrain, actions, items, abilities, hit detection).

How would I do so?
(06-19-2016, 02:03 PM)RamenRider Wrote: [ -> ]I want to export assets to unity but I am absolutely new to game design and unity.

I'm pretty sure I can find out how to rip assets but converting them is another matter. I want to convert Digimon World 1 or Digimon Masters Online assets to unity(not just models but terrain, actions, items, abilities, hit detection).

How would I do so?

Hey! Whenever you retrieve the files, you can use this program to decompile them:
https://github.com/RaduMC/UnityStudio

It's supporting most versions of unity, and is the most accurate one I know of. If anyone tells you use disunity, don't. It's awful, and the only model exports it does is Wavefront object. These files are most likely uploaded on a server and must be intercepted through the usage of an HTTPS proxy.
(06-19-2016, 02:17 PM)Anex Wrote: [ -> ]It's supporting most versions of unity, and is the most accurate one I know of. If anyone tells you use disunity, don't. It's awful, and the only model exports it does is Wavefront object. These files are most likely uploaded on a server and must be intercepted through the usage of an HTTPS proxy.

Thanks. How do I install?(Yes I am that noob.)
HAHAHA, correct me if I'm wrong, but sounds like he wants to rip the files from non-unity based games and import them into unity!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news OP, but nobody has figured out PS1 model ripping since it's such a pain in the ass format, so getting every asset from DW1 is not going to happen. As for DMO, I gave it a try but couldn't get the files to extract. It's possible, since there are models on tMR, I personally couldn't figure it out myself. Maybe you will have better luck!

If you do figure it out. I did toy around with Unity myself at one stage. I found ripping animations as FBX and importing them worked. Might want to keep that in mind!
(06-21-2016, 08:38 PM)Ecelon Wrote: [ -> ]HAHAHA, correct me if I'm wrong, but sounds like he wants to rip the files from non-unity based games and import them into unity!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news OP, but nobody has figured out PS1 model ripping since it's such a pain in the ass format, so getting every asset from DW1 is not going to happen. As for DMO, I gave it a try but couldn't get the files to extract. It's possible, since there are models on tMR, I personally couldn't figure it out myself. Maybe you will have better luck!

If you do figure it out. I did toy around with Unity myself at one stage. I found ripping animations as FBX and importing them worked. Might want to keep that in mind!

I found this program from the PSXDEV site called jpsxdec for ripping from PS1. As for DMO, it's a pc game. Is it difficult to just download the games and convert it to unity?

>I found ripping animations as FBX and importing them worked. 

Elaborate more on this. I would like to learn every method. Thanks.