The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Monkey Ball Sounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask something very quick. Is it possible to rip sounds from the Super Monkey Ball series?
According to Wikipedia the Super Monkey Ball series spans across at least 15 separate platform so the answer is... yes, probably, for at least one of them. How easy/difficult it is to rip from a game usually varies from game to game, even for those in the same series and/or platform. Being able to rip from 1 Mario game doesn't mean you can rip from all Mario games, it depends for each one.

To get an actual useful answer you'll need to ask about a specific game and someone will actually need to look into it themselves to see how it would be done.
Hmm... Good point. I was wondering if it was even possible.
The easy way to rip sounds is open the games debug sounde test and just record all of the sounds.
Mega Folder:
https://mega.nz/#F!089SiKZT!Wsb0li60wHh4Nm8n6RWm0Q

This where I'll be constantly updating the sound Rips for the series. So far I've grabbed the sound files from the mobile version of Bounce.

EDIT: Added SMB 2- Sakura Edition Sound files.

EDIT 2: Added the original Monkey Ball sound files from the N-Gage. Waiting to upload onto TSOR, as an issue regarding other systems will need to be solved Tongue.

What I've noticed so far:

Super Monkey Ball Bounce- the mobile edition was easy to rip, as the files were in *.CAF (Apple's native audio format).
SMB 2 Sakura Edition- once again another easy mobile rip, as the file were stored in *.wav
Monkey Ball- The N-Gage was a BMS needed rip as the files were archived in a *.dat, but could've been determined with Ravioli and extracted that way. No file names I saw in the archive.

MAIN Update: N-Gage Monkey Ball Sounds Approved
(06-19-2016, 11:41 AM)Pingu! Wrote: [ -> ]Mega Folder:

This where I'll be constantly updating the sound Rips for the series. So far I've grabbed the sound files from the mobile version of Bounce.

EDIT 2: Added the original Monkey Ball sound files from the N-Gage. Waiting to upload onto TSOR, as an issue regarding other systems will need to be solved Tongue.

Super Monkey Ball Bounce- the mobile edition was easy to rip, as the files were in *.CAF (Apple's native audio format).
SMB 2 Sakura Edition- once again another easy mobile rip, as the file were stored in *.wav
Monkey Ball- The N-Gage was a BMS needed rip as the files were archived in a *.dat, but could've been determined with Ravioli and extracted that way. No file names I saw in the archive.

I think the folder has been removed.
(06-29-2018, 10:01 AM)Matthew250 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2016, 11:41 AM)Pingu! Wrote: [ -> ]Mega Folder:

I think the folder has been removed.

They have been, as the sounds are now hosted on the site.
I recently ripped the sounds from super monkey ball 2, which includes sounds from smb1 that go unused. https://www.sounds-resource.com/gamecube...nkeyball2/