The VG Resource

Full Version: Help with mesh importing for blender
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my first time posting. I apologize for anything I do wrong. I've been working on a Model reading tool for Super Smash for Wii U. I've successfully extracted all of the data, thanks to RandomTBush's 3DS Max script. I have successfully imported the vertex data as you can see.
[attachment=6746]
Now the problem I'm running into is when I try to add the face data. Where I add the face data is where it crashes. If I just throw in a blank list, it imports the vertex's fine but as soon as I add the face array data is when it crashes blender. No errors are thrown, it just straight up crashes. I've tried converting the vertex data to vector data with no luck. I've assured myself the face array is setup to the way blender likes it. I feel like I'm doing it right, I'm following the troubleshooting suggested everywhere I can find but with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. I was going to post the data I'm attempting to use but pastebin is giving me trouble. This is an unfinished add-on so sorry for the sloppy code.
EDIT:
I took the code down for until it's complete. I found and the problem by running blender from a console. I had a byte reading error towards the end of the array reading. This plugin will be released as soon as I've gotten vertex injection working properly. Thanks to anyone who tried! Big Grin