The VG Resource

Full Version: Custom mario
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I made a custom Mario and Luigi sprite sheet please review.
woah
those aren't as bad as I thought

but they're not that good, either.
Whats wrong with them?
??????
Hello?
(11-10-2008, 08:43 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]woah
those aren't as bad as I thought

but they're not that good, either.
What is wrong with them I ask again?
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad[
How slow are you at typing?
Luigi is changed too little from Mario. Mario should be shorter and fatter. The fire is outright bad, not even being shaded. His shades need much more contrast, the difference in the darkness or lightness of the shades. The arms are too long on Mario, too short on Luigi. You should make the head face the same direction as the body, or at the very least make the eyes not flips of each other.
Did you just leave?
Oh ok. Ill fix it.
This is a forum, not an instant messenger. Viper is still online, noticeable by the blue icon by his name, though he is viewing this sub section the last I checked.
I was lazy with the fire sorry.
Give me a few minutes
Parts of Mario and Luigi are pillowshaded, the hands and the hat's outline to be specific. And Mario is short and fat (but not very fat), not tall and skinny.
Maybe it's just me but it looks like you used the MS default colors.
Pillowshaded?
What does pillow shaded mean?
You don't have to add that line for each edit...

Pillow shading is where you have the lightsource facing the center of the object. It makes the sprite looks "pillowy," though pillow shading is bad for anything. To solve it, get a defined lightsource, the lightest colour being in that general area/the lightest colour where light hits the most.
Ok ill do that.
Heres it so far
I just forgot how to attach

Here it is
You fixed size and eye position, but nothing else.
Bye bye
I'll do more tomorrow.

This isn't an instant messenger. I won't instantly reply.

but anyway, basically everything Drei said.
Sorry, Just so you know the head is the same way as the body and I used custom colors. I fixed part of it what is wrong with it?Anyway, Im logging out now
Pages: 1 2 3