The VG Resource

Full Version: Are you ready to get Rawked?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: rawkhawkzf6.png]
A little something I'm working on. C+C?
It's undershaded, quite jagged, and it needs a better hue. Nice start for the lineart though!
It is a nice start, though it does look pretty undershaded. It also doesn't seem to be in the right style. That is, if you're going for the Superstar Saga look. Still a very nice start, though. I look forward to seeing him when he's completed.
Well, I'm using M&L colors, but it's not strictly in that style. What looks jagged and what needs more shading? The beak?
(11-10-2008, 04:26 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I'm using M&L colors, but it's not strictly in that style. What looks jagged and what needs more shading? The beak?
If it's not in M&L, I suggest not using the colors. M&L colors are too bright, and have really bad hues, and contrast. It looks to flat without more contrast. Also the shading in some areas is too cylindrical, meaning that it isn't shaded to how the texture of the object would be.

It looks jagged because there is no AA, or the shading doesn't have enough contrast. At this point the whole head needs work.
Great start, but I agree. It's best to not use the M&L pallet unless you were actually aiming for that style.
Rawk Hawk is Rockin' everything but the colors, which isn't that odd since Yellow always is weird to shade(at least in the cases I've seen...)
I used the M&L palette cause it IS vibrant and fun. Maybe I'll add an additional one to appease. Tongue
[Image: rawkhawknv9.png]

Messed with some stuff + added neck... thing. Though I'm not particularly happy with it. I hate stuff like that.
The collar looks to thing compared to the ref.
The unfinished one is yours right?
Because the puke yellow on that finished one is killing my eyes.
No, mine's the head on the right.
If you're going for a custom style, you might as well hue shift those yellows a bit more; they look kind of dull. Also, the collar looks like a piece of an orange and doesn't seem to go around the neck. : X
I could say the same thing for the thing on his forehead.

All of this in addition to what has been said already.

Nice start though, good luck!
Not to be a dick, but I've edited your sprite to show you what you could do to help it get even better. Wink

[Image: quickeditwh1.png]

quick edit, I:

-hue-shifted and changed the colors
-removed the awful black outline
-improved jaggies
-changed shading

g'luck
(11-10-2008, 06:20 PM)Dex Wrote: [ -> ]Not to be a dick, but I've edited your sprite to show you what you could do to help it get even better. Wink

[Image: quickeditwh1.png]

quick edit, I:

-hue-shifted and changed the colors
-removed the awful black outline
-improved jaggies
-changed shading

g'luck

I'm not sure, but I think he was working toward M&L style.
Pages: 1 2 3