The VG Resource

Full Version: I hate to do this, but...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...I have a request.

I know perfectly that the site rules say we cannot make requests. But I thought that, being visiting this site for four years and all, I'd at least be able to mention this request. You may, or may not take it. You are allowed to flame as well, I don't mind. I just want some little help, as I am in a very difficult situation. The ideal stance would have me doing this by myself, but I haven't sprited in roughly a year and I wasn't ever good at it anyway.

So, straight to the point. I need a single sprite of a custom PW (Phoenix Wright) character. Well, not me, more like my cousin needs it. The design is that of a person a friend of my cousin designed (It's just a normal guy with spiky hair, nothing too difficult). This is, believe it or not, very important to him. And I want to do the best to help him. I normally wouldn't ask you guys, but what the heck. I'll try everything necessary to help him. If you are interested in helping this damsel in distress, please PM me. The sprite doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to exist. So... please? I'll do anything you want in return. I swear!

Lock this topic if it's strictly necessary, but please give me a chance first. Very Sad
The rules specifically state to not ask/expect a request without doing something in return. Why not explain something you might actually do in return...
Well, I'm not sure what I can do because I'm not exactly an artist (otherwise I wouldn't be making this request in the first place). But if there's anything I can do, I'll try my best to do it.
Wait, why is it so important?

I'm sure you could do something to please us. If not, =D
Hi Whispy!
I'll try out your request, if you'll give me the concept art and a sample of the desired style. I'm not incredibly good, but I'll give it a shot.

I won't ask something in return, 'cuz I don't really know what I could get anyway.
We really need to get around to that official request forum...
Please. PLEASE don't.
Well, maybe people can request only in the request forum...But it don't really means that all requests are going to be...Fulfilled.
Or, or, or, OR. See there's an OR there....

OR, we can NOT have a request forum and avoid TRIPLING our traffic of newbs in general "Join, Post, Request, then Leave" newbs.

(11-09-2008, 11:59 PM)Geo the Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Or, or, or, OR. See there's an OR there....

OR, we can NOT have a request forum and avoid TRIPLING our traffic of newbs in general "Join, Post, Request, then Leave" newbs.

Wow, Geo, you make a convincing point. What were we thinking! Good job, have my money, I love you.
requesting a request forum...

I'm sure there's some irony in there somewhere...
Yeah, true. There are going to have lots of n00bs coming. But don't we get lots of them already? Also...Request outside the request forum could result in a warning, maybe even ban >Smile
We had one on one of the older Pixeltendos and I kinda liked it. Doing some requests gave me something to do and kept me spriting.
I don't think there should be a request forum either. However, I think you can avoid the problem by PMing a certain person who might fulfill your request. That way you can request, and you won't break the rules.
I'm pretty sure we were going to have a minimum post count for the request forum, if it ever happened.
And? We get people making sprite requests in the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum and in people's submissiong topics, don't we? What's gonna stop this barrage of newbs from ignoring the request forum entirely and posting somewhere else? None of them read the rules as it is, so once they hear that the great tSRF does requests now...

If a shop institution was placed so that you may buy requests, that's one thing. If people like Arthur over there made their own request topics, that's another (they'll regret it though.)... But a request forum is COMPLETELY unnecessary and only counterproductive.

Then again we have a few trigger happy mods who don't particularly mind locking topics every chance they get, so maybe it's not so bad... Defeated
Pages: 1 2