The VG Resource

Full Version: Can anyone rip models from Quest 64?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I understand that this isn't the best game out there, but I find the models in them very charming. If possible, I would like to see these models ripped. That way, I can have references for a possible project I'll work on in the future.
Oh it's definitely possible. It's just a matter if anyone is willing enough to do it. Tongue I do agree, the models are a bit cutesy though.
To be honest, I'd rather teach/guide you how to do it than do it myself, as I'm rather caught up in doing my own modely things. To add, there is also no specifics on what you even want, and I'd rather not go out and binge-rip an entire game.
I appreciate you trying to help me by helping myself, but I'm not sure if I'm able to do this on a Mac OS. In any case, you don't have to rip anything from the game. Sure, I'd like models of the NPCs and possibly the main character, but I'm willing to be patient for something like this.
Ah, you're on a Mac, gotcha.

I can rip but I won't go much further. Flipped UVs will need fixing, and vertex colours applied (hence white hair, cape, and whatever else in image below), but there ya go. http://www.mediafire.com/download/21lwb1...racter.zip
The directory that will be looked at for the textures is C:\VRML\Char\

I'm sure Mac isn't completely modelling programs deprived. So you can probably learn about fixing UVs in the topic I linked in my first post if you're up to it.

[Image: Quest64_Main_Char.png]
I'll play around with it and see if I can scratch anything out. If you'd like, I can even share you the corrected models if I managed to fix them up (you can take the full credit for them if you upload them to the site).

If I have questions, I'll either contact you through a PM or start a topic regarding the ripping of this game. Besides, if it's just fixing the UVs (and possibly recoloring certain textures that are left grey), then it certainly wouldn't be any worse that what I've dealt with in Maya.