The VG Resource

Full Version: Hello VGR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there everybody, I'm Cons0nance, or Cam if you prefer.  After enough time needlessly pestering talking with the people in the Skype group I decided to make an account on here so I can ruin everybody else's day hopefully improve my spriting skills.

I've been working with sprites for about seven years now; I could show off all of the stuff I've made but the issue with that is that those seven years have all culminated with a bunch of poopy 8-bit Mega Man styled sprites that I was proud of for some reason a year ago.  Ultimately I'm hoping to grow as a spriter and learn how not to shamelessly create the same thing over and over.  Perhaps I'll even learn how to work with shading and not hide my crippling weaknesses behind low-bittage spritework.

Other stuff I do includes short films and sprite comics.  The short films are alright, the comics not so much.  I'm not going to bother linking them but I'm sure it can't be too difficult to find them if you put effort into it.  In any case that isn't relevant because this forum is meant more for the creation of the assets I use in these comics.

Despite literally every word that I've typed up there being rather sarcastic and self-deprecating, I'm actually not entirely horrible to talk with, as some people can confirm.  Much of the time I'm not particularly serious, and most of what I say is meant in jest; if something I say ever comes across the wrong way please let me know, as that's never my intent.

With all of that out of the way I'm going to conclude this introduction; hello to all VGR members and I thank you in advance for welcoming another young and impressionable youth into the ranks of video game rippers.  May the Ancient Ones smile down upon you and whisper their sweet nothings into your ears in the dead of night in that cursed tongue of theirs.
Sup Cam, glad to see ya! Hope you stick around.
Glad to see you join the rest of us shlubs down here. Smile Welcome to VGR forums, enjoy your stay.
Hey it's Cam I know this guy he's pretty okay in my book I'd split a fruit roll-up with this dude.
Hello, Welcome to the forums!
Hello and welcome! It's actually not too common that we get a new member here coming from the group chat - it's almost always the other way around!
(05-10-2016, 09:16 PM)Petie Wrote: [ -> ]Hello and welcome! It's actually not too common that we get a new member here coming from the group chat - it's almost always the other way around!

I ended up in there when Red accidentally screenshared the link to me, and I've just kinda been chilling in there for a couple months.

Anyhow, thanks to everybody for the warm welcome!  Glad to be in a forum as welcoming to newcomers as this one.
(05-10-2016, 10:52 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]I'd split a fruit roll-up with this dude.

Oh wow OK

Welcome then Cam, looks like you'll fit in great!