The VG Resource

Full Version: Kirby: Planet Robobot Ripping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Starting a new project again. Will return to SFV ripping soon.

Click here for model files

Models:

Meta Knight (waiting for approval)
May I ask where the files for the final boss are? I'm having trouble finding it. Hell, I'm having trouble finding characters as well.
(05-05-2016, 06:47 PM)OS-PRIME Wrote: [ -> ]May I ask where the files for the final boss are? I'm having trouble finding it. Hell, I'm having trouble finding characters as well.

Star Dream is at \gfx\Step\Enemy\Mothercomputer
Star Dream and Access Ark (and Nova, under the Access Ark) is at \gfx\Step\Enemy\Mothercomputership
Heart of Nova is at gfx\Step\Enemy\Soulprogram for the actual heart, and the stage itself is at \gfx\Step\Gimmick\SoulprogramBG
Hope this helps! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to trying to actually find the damn Kirby model.
I'll contribute, i need to let more people know about this.

here are the files:
https://mega.nz/#!1JN0GbjT!-i_9_f5phgQSN...Php5dtBZnM

this contains the following:
-Susie and her mech
-President Haltmann and his mech.
-Dark Matter Blade
-Galacta knight
-BONUS!: Hades (Smash 4 3DS trophy model)

these were ripped by a special someone at 4chan's /v/, do as you will and check 'em out.
Kirby is located in gfx/common/hero/kirby if you haven't found him yet.
(05-06-2016, 03:41 PM)Dimsley Wrote: [ -> ]Kirby is located in gfx/common/hero/kirby if you haven't found him yet.

Yeah, but I haven't found his base model yet. Only the powerup accessories. The model in /base is... weird, and there is no model in Normal.
(05-06-2016, 07:36 PM)nobody231 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2016, 03:41 PM)Dimsley Wrote: [ -> ]Kirby is located in gfx/common/hero/kirby if you haven't found him yet.

Yeah, but I haven't found his base model yet. Only the powerup accessories. The model in /base is... weird, and there is no model in Normal.

From the looks of it the model in the base folder actually has Kirby's inflated, flying,inhaling, and normal models grouped into one file, the same thing was done with Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe. So if you just removed those other models you'd be left with Kirby's base model. As for the weird colors and black eyes, I assume that's just an issue with Ohanna3ds and I'm not really sure what to do there.
(05-06-2016, 09:12 PM)Dimsley Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2016, 07:36 PM)nobody231 Wrote: [ -> ]

From the looks of it the model in the base folder actually has Kirby's inflated, flying,inhaling, and normal models grouped into one file, the same thing was done with Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe. So if you just removed those other models you'd be left with Kirby's base model. As for the weird colors and black eyes, I assume that's just an issue with Ohanna3ds and I'm not really sure what to do there.

Oh, that's why! With fragment shader off, it was less obvious.
I'd really like to help with ripping from this game but a lot of the model's export with black spots all over their textures (in most cases it's a characters eyes) with the exception of a few and I can't find out how to fix them.
(05-06-2016, 10:28 PM)Dimsley Wrote: [ -> ]I'd really like to help with ripping from this game but a lot of the model's export with black spots all over their textures (in most cases it's a characters eyes) with the exception of a few and I can't find out how to fix them.

This is most likely the alpha transparency. The alpha transparency probably has some use (maybe the Spec map, like in SmashU's normal maps?).
(05-07-2016, 03:58 PM)nobody231 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2016, 10:28 PM)Dimsley Wrote: [ -> ]I'd really like to help with ripping from this game but a lot of the model's export with black spots all over their textures (in most cases it's a characters eyes) with the exception of a few and I can't find out how to fix them.
This is most likely the alpha transparency. The alpha transparency probably has some use (maybe the Spec map, like in SmashU's normal maps?).
Yep, that's exactly how it is.

[Image: d7SwvcT.png]

Using Susie's textures here as an example, the game keeps the specularity as the alpha channels for the textures. I recommend using Noesis to convert the textures to *.TGA, then split the diffuse and alpha channels into two separate textures manually.
(05-07-2016, 04:11 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2016, 03:58 PM)nobody231 Wrote: [ -> ]
Yep, that's exactly how it is.

[Image: d7SwvcT.png]

Using Susie's textures here as an example, the game keeps the specularity as the alpha channels for the textures. I recommend using Noesis to convert the textures to *.TGA, then split the diffuse and alpha channels into two separate textures manually.

Thanks for the confirmation!
I figured it would be weird like that. How does one split the channels, though? I've never been able to figure that out.

Reason being is because many of the textures, even with removed alpha channel, simply have obtrusive black spots all over them rather than actual colors. It's like this for almost all I'm trying to get, such as President Haltmann, Susie, their mechs, Dark Matter...

Also the model of Taranza in Triple Deluxe had a fully blank texture that just defaulted to black no matter what I did. Can someone walk me through this process so I can get the actual textures?
(05-09-2016, 04:43 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: [ -> ]I figured it would be weird like that. How does one split the channels, though? I've never been able to figure that out.

Reason being is because many of the textures, even with removed alpha channel, simply have obtrusive black spots all over them rather than actual colors. It's like this for almost all I'm trying to get, such as President Haltmann, Susie, their mechs, Dark Matter...

Also the model of Taranza in Triple Deluxe had a fully blank texture that just defaulted to black no matter what I did. Can someone walk me through this process so I can get the actual textures?
Try using Noesis to convert the unmodified PNGs into TGAs, I find those much easier to work with when I need to split the alpha channels into separate textures (like with my Pokémon X/Y rips). Either that, or convert those to BMPs since the alpha channel is removed for those, and then you can extract the transparency from the PNG afterwards.
Well I mean I've gotten so far as converting the unmodified PNGs to TGA and all, but how do I do the next part? What program and such?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6