The VG Resource

Full Version: Probably a dumb question but in regards to Xenosaga Episode 1:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen several rips of various Xenosaga Episode 1 characters and somehow they seem to lack the level of detail/fidelity/whatever as what I've seen in-game during stuff like the x-buster cutscene. However said cutscene doesn't really appear to be a hand-drawn thing to me. I can't help but wonder if they use higher quality models for such occasions than they do otherwise, because it would chug the console down too much with other objects on the screen during other moments. Am I wrong? Do people simply not know?

I kinda think it would be cool knowing if there ARE higher quality models that can be ripped from said scenes, but just... haven't been for whatever reason, and if they aren't higher quality models, what exactly are they? They don't seem hand drawn because they seem to be true 3d models based on how their dimensions are displayed via camera angels and whatnot. I'm not an artist or a modeler, please forgive the noob terminology.