The VG Resource

Full Version: Hey there
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Short introduction post after having already posted a tiny bit beforehand Tongue

Hey there, this is xdaniel, a 29 years old ROM hacker/hobby reverse-engineerer and programmer/general fan of games, anime, manga/etc. from Germany. I've been playing video games since... who knows when - probably 1990 or thereabouts, starting on the family Commodore 64 - and have been hacking them since ca. 1998/99, likely getting started with Pokemon RBY and GS. Over the years, I've been around various communities, like early German Pokemon hacking, or Zelda OoT/MM hacking, while now I'm more generally found around the "unused content / gaming archeology" parts of the internet, such as contributing to The Cutting Room Floor, both directly (researching and writing articles) and indirectly (creating tools that others might use).

I guess the reason I joined VG Resource is to kinda try and "bridge communities" a bit, if that makes any sense, as there seems to be a bit of an overlap between ex. these forums here and other sites that also have, say, research into game formats going on. Namely, while browsing VGR as a guest, I had noticed the threads about Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, and about how to extract sprites/textures from that game, while I had already looked into their format (GXT, used in many more Vita games) and written a tool for extraction a while ago. I don't mean this in an "advertising" sense, if anyone's thinking that right now, but more in a "let's be efficient and not needlessly duplicate work" kinda way.

Well, I hope you understand what I'm trying to get at, and I hope that I'll be welcome here Smile
Welcome! I used to be from the PokeCommunity, and worked on several rom hacks over there. Glad to see a fellow ROM hacker on board! We have an awesome community awaiting you. Have fun, and enjoy!
~Anex
You are welcome here. Wink