The VG Resource

Full Version: Mario in Tales style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: gotitcj5.png]

Tales of the World Mario, which has probably been tried over a thousand times.
But I kinda like this one so far.
These are pretty good.
Only thing I can see is that his shoes are so shiny.
I like how he looks all stubby, and his face shows no malice. However, the right (his left) arm seems a bit too high up, kind of like if it was stuck on the neck. That's about all I can point out, for now.
I dont know if this is due to pallete restrictions in the style, but the overalls look barelt shaded in comparison to the head
He looks kind of tall. Can you put up some other Tales character for comparison?
(11-09-2008, 02:48 PM)Geo the Fox Wrote: [ -> ]He looks kind of tall. Can you put up some other Tales character for comparison?

[Image: comparesl2.png]
He's about the same size as Colette.

And I worked on some things with it, maybe it fixes some other problems.
[Image: startbattleax6.png]

Working on the battle pose, any tips on the legs would be nice.
Looks like he's looking straight forward while his body is turned to the screen. Kind of awkward. Also, maybe make the knees bend more?
Oh my, these are beautiful.

My only complaint would have to be his legs in the battle pose. Although I think you can make them look better depending on what you do with the arms.

Although his back leg, the one closest to us, I think it should be angled a bit more in the direction he's facing. It's a little difficult to move and fight with your foot facing sideways without a bit of a forward slant.
[Image: newbattlenn4.png]

Does this one fix the problems?
There needs to be a slight indent in Mario's hat. It's not supposed to be perfectly round.
(11-10-2008, 07:48 PM)koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]There needs to be a slight indent in Mario's hat. It's not supposed to be perfectly round.

I kinda liked how it looked without the little indent, but I'll see what I can do.
Good i like it
[Image: mariobattleposead6.png]
Finished the battle pose.
Please crit this as harshly as you can, I want to get it perfect.
Reaaally like it man. =D

There's a few jaggies, and the stomach looks like it might be close to being pillowed. It might also be too high. Looks great besides that, you're pretty close to the style.

Now get active here more. >:
Pages: 1 2