The VG Resource

Full Version: Help with rippping backgrounds/floors from 3-D Arcade/Console games (SFEX, etc.)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I'm new to this site & still fairly new to sprite ripping but I was wondering exactly how to rip backgrounds and/or floor from 3-D Arcade/Console games. I know that people have been doing it for years, but I've only gotten far with these rips:

[Image: 7AGKNiG.png]

[Image: Bxz5HoQ.png]
(rips from the SEGA 32X version of Virtua Fighter)

And this was only possible because I disabled the layers & "backed up" the 3-D models so they won't be on the screen.

But with games like Street Fighter EX & Fighters Destiny for the NINTENDO 64 (particularly the games that I want to rip from), the 3-D models are always on screen, making it difficult to start the ripping process. How did people get past this?

Thanks in advance!
Ive been wanting the same thing all ive come across is how to rip textures from 3-d models. This topic defiantly needs more attention because theres so much good that can come from being able to rip stuff like character portraits and stage backgrounds.