The VG Resource

Full Version: Costumes from Doctor Who Legacy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to rip the costumes from Doctor Who Legacy (Android), but to be honest, I haven't the faintest idea what I'm doing. I downloaded the apk and unzipped a bunch of stuff. I was able to open a couple of files in Unity Studio, but couldn't find any costumes. Then I remembered there's an extra download when you start the game, so I grabbed an obb file and unzipped that, and got a bunch of pngs. Unfortunately, they're all unreadable and I have no idea what to do next, so help would be greatly appreciated.
Could you upload a couple of those png files?
Here's a couple - there's more than 2000 image files, mostly with the same names, so I have no idea what they actually might be!
There are just PNGs with a little something extra in the header.
[Image: gRlg1IU.png]
You can manually fix them by opening in a hex editor and chopping off the part leading up to "%PNG".
[Image: nyXytLS.png]
There are also programs that can just scan for the PNG, but I can't seem to think of one right now.
Here's a tiny QuickBMS script that will basically copy the files minus that extra stuff:

Code:
# Doctor Who: Legacy .png format
#
# Written by puggsoy
# script for QuickBMS http://quickbms.aluigi.org

get SIZE asize
math SIZE -= 0x19
get NAME filename
log NAME 0x19 SIZE

Should work with any file since that extra junk seems to be the same size for all of them.
Awww yiss, thanks so much! QuickBMS is spitting out a whole bunch of lovely images now, thank you!
So, has this case been resolved? If so, I shall close it.

Looking forward to seeing some Doctor Who submissions for a change!
Yup, all sorted and I've got a whole bunch of useable images to work with now.
Ooookeydoke, just lemme know via PM to re-open the thread if you have anymore problems, or contact puggsoy personally.

Locked.