The VG Resource

Full Version: Sheet rejection (city tileset)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=6310][attachment=6310]My sheet "New Super Mario Bros Custom City Tileset" was rejected. Can you see anything wrong with it?
I can see everything wrong with it. by the looks of it, it appears no effort was made, just the square tool with some windows thrown in. The windows are on the right track, they have some detail compared to the rest of the sheet. If you want this sheet accepted then you got to buckle down and make some detailed and believable tiles, because would Nintendo have Mario running across flat weirdly colored blocks that serve better as a debug hitbox detection and call it a city?
...It would help if it was explained how to make the tiles better, lol.

I would see about searching for some references of city buildings and start from scratch (I know that sounds scary, bear with me), and try to make your tiles look a bit more like believable city architecture. Also using more natural colors than neon green and purple would help (like, more whites/greys/browns/etc.). Then once you've done that, you can show us what you get and we can help better.

Good luck!
Expanding from MJ above, it also helps to study what makes the New Super Mario Bros tileset work. For example, this tileset. There is shading, multiple pieces so you can make any specific part of it as big or as small as you want, details you would only notice when looking at it up close and other things those who make tilesets more often would know.
This is a very late April fools joke.