The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping from Pokkén Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello. I want to rip from Pokkén Tournament, but I have no idea how to open containers from game data. Everythig is contained in .drp containers. If you have any idea on how to open these containers, please tell me. I'l include one of the containers in attachments.
It's pretty much impossible to get at them, everything in the game has a second layer of encryption on it. Won't be possible until someone finds the correct AES key in the game's coding, which could take a long time. Sick

(EDIT: No longer the case, see later posts in this topic!)
Yeah. But I know how to disasemble wii u binaries and I have a lot of free time, so I may try to find the decryption key. Wink Wink Wink
I've sucesefully dumped load_drp instruction from ferrum_app.rpx:
.text:02B83DA8 bl ResourcePackDecrypt__5sysdrFPvUi # sysdr::ResourcePackDecrypt((void *,uint))

Dump this function. If you're using IDA Pro you just have to go jump to the bl'd function name.
(04-11-2016, 07:19 AM)TGE Wrote: [ -> ].text:02B83DA8                 bl        ResourcePackDecrypt__5sysdrFPvUi # sysdr::ResourcePackDecrypt((void *,uint))

Dump this function. If you're using IDA Pro you just have to go jump to the bl'd function name.

Here you go:
Oh man... if you can get the key from that, you're a freakin' BOSS. I -really- like Bandai-Namco's more realistic take on some of the characters (Lucario's ears...), so being able to decrypt these files and get at the meshy goodness within is something I'd love to see. Plus, those alternate colors (so long as we can get rid of those stupid bands on the textures) would be pretty cool to have too.
(04-13-2016, 07:14 AM)Tiberious Wrote: [ -> ]Oh man... if you can get the key from that, you're a freakin' BOSS. I -really- like Bandai-Namco's more realistic take on some of the characters (Lucario's ears...), so being able to decrypt these files and get at the meshy goodness within is something I'd love to see. Plus, those alternate colors (so long as we can get rid of those stupid bands on the textures) would be pretty cool to have too.

I'd like to, but theres one problem...I suck at programming and I don't know where to find the actual key. I'l ask on GbaTemp because here are many people who know how can help me with that. But if I'l find somethig I'l post it in this thread.
anything new yet for this game?
(04-07-2016, 11:14 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]It's pretty much impossible to get at them, everything in the game has a second layer of encryption on it. Won't be possible until someone finds the correct AES key in the game's coding, which could take a long time. Sick

Me and Dantarion were able to Reverse engineer this encryption algorithm. I'll put up a decrypter and possibly an extractor in a few days, if dant doesnt beat me to it Tongue Source code included of course.
(05-09-2016, 01:44 AM)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2016, 11:14 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]It's pretty much impossible to get at them, everything in the game has a second layer of encryption on it. Won't be possible until someone finds the correct AES key in the game's coding, which could take a long time. Sick

Me and Dantarion were able to Reverse engineer this encryption algorithm. I'll put up a decrypter and possibly an extractor in a few days, if dant doesnt beat me to it Tongue Source code included of course.

So... um... How do we know you're not lying? I mean, you've only been on the forums since yesterday.
(05-09-2016, 09:26 PM)nobody231 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2016, 01:44 AM)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]

So... um... How do we know you're not lying? I mean, you've only been on the forums since yesterday.
He and Dantarion are well-known in the Smash hacking community. Tongue
(05-09-2016, 10:04 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2016, 09:26 PM)nobody231 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2016, 01:44 AM)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]Me and Dantarion were able to Reverse engineer this encryption algorithm. I'll put up a decrypter and possibly an extractor in a few days, if dant doesnt beat me to it Tongue Source code included of course.

He and Dantarion are well-known in the Smash hacking community. Tongue

oh
errors have been made
Thanks for correcting me! I kinda know almost nothing about the Smash hacking community.
https://github.com/Sammi-Husky/Pokken-Tools/releases

There we go. It's not 100% tested yet, so if any files don't decrypt properly let me know. I'll be adding future features like decrypting all files in a directory or something later. Also remember this is a decrypter not an extractor! that may or may not come later
Looks like it's working fine now! I'll letcha know if I find anything that doesn't unpack correctly, after I've written a QuickBMS script to decompress/unpack the decrypted files. Tongue

(EDIT: Here's the script! I was able to unpack the contents of every single file with this, so I'd say the decryption program works perfectly!)
(EDIT 2: And here's a work-in-progress texture-conversion script, which'll convert the images directly to DDS -- there's no GTX formatting in this game! Currently works with DXT1 and DXT5 images only.)
Pages: 1 2 3