The VG Resource

Full Version: Extracting from .MOB & .FAM files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded a korean game called Forgotten Saga (포가튼사가) and it has its subfolders labeled with descriptions like npc, map, bgm, etc.

In these folders are files with the .MOB & .FAM extension, does anyone know how to deal with them?

Pretty sure they contain the graphics for tiles & characters.
Could you upload a couple to take a look at?
See files in hexadecimal and search the header.
I have no experience with Hex editors, so I don't know how to search for a header.

Here are the files from the map, npc and obj folders:
https://mega.nz/#F!0F4kBAxZ!xjkblhwnfQ2SiE8vD4S9yA
Search tutorials on internet
Are there even tutorials of using a Hex Editor for image-ripping random file extensions? Google doesn't give me proper results, it's all about definitions and overcomplicated stuff which is not related to the thing I want to do.

Btw, already searched for tutorials in the past when I was trying to search for image headers in files from mobile games, but to no avail.
ripping .png's is actually pretty simple.
You simply need to find the header, and then the end of the file/data

I did a quick look in notepad++ , though, they either are not .png files, or they have had something done to them.
I'll leave this to someone else.
If you're ripping PNGs mashed together I recommend Dragon Unpacker, it has a scan function of common file formats so you can extract them wi ease.
This was the first thing (or rather, only) that i tried to do.
The things that would indicate they're .png files weren't there, like at all.

Far as I can tell, there's not a header of any kind.
I did find some strings that must be labels of some sort, but I don't know what to look for that might relate to said labels, really, so I called it quits.

And hmm, I didn't know dragon unpacker did that.

I only really know or use dragon unpacker because of total annihilation resource files.