The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Paper Mario Model exporting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to porting models from Wii games and recently, I've been thinking about porting some Super Paper Mario models possibly. I've been wanting to release Mr.L's "Brobot" and "Brobot-L-Type" specifically, but I am not too sure on how to do that due to exporting them and only finding .dat files in setup, some .bin files in other folders and a folder filled with .tpl, but one file in particular seems to be strange. In a folder labelled "a", there's some names of files, but it's just the format that's off-putting. It's just "File" and i'm not sure what to do. If you want to fiddle or explain it using the files, then i'll provide the files in a .zip format. If you have any clue about these kind of things, please inform me as i'd like to do all I can to be able to contribute these to the Models Resource and to the Steam Community as well. (Edit: I just realized this is the wrong place to put this, my apologies, not thinking today.)
Moved to correct forum.
(04-04-2016, 12:47 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]Moved to correct forum.

Just when I made another within the discussions, but in the right place. God, why am I so dimwitted today?
No worries! Just for future reference, try to only do one or the other, lol.

(Either let staff take care of moving the thread, or delete the old one if you make a new one in the correct place)
(04-04-2016, 02:49 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]No worries! Just for future reference, try to only do one or the other, lol.

(Either let staff take care of moving the thread, or delete the old one if you make a new one in the correct place)

For all who want to try. https://mega.nz/#!pAEAwABC
We will need the decryption key
(04-05-2016, 01:23 AM)ElyosOfTheAbyss Wrote: [ -> ]We will need the decryption key

Odd, I don't recall putting a key requirement for it.

https://mega.nz/#!pAEAwABC!irGLzub5VjMe2...bjTPeoQq2U
Mega automatically does it.
Well, it's up and available to look into to, if anyone wants to now.
(04-05-2016, 11:09 AM)Miles Prower (Anti-Verse) Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it's up and available to look into to, if anyone wants to now.
Last time I tried, the models, even with name changes, failed with not even appearing in Blender.
(04-07-2016, 05:15 AM)Miles Prower (Anti-Verse) Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2016, 11:09 AM)Miles Prower (Anti-Verse) Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it's up and available to look into to, if anyone wants to now.
Last time I tried, the models, even with name changes, failed with not even appearing in Blender.

A while back, I turned one of the copies into a text file. Seems Intelligent Systems stands up to their name with cryptic ways of keeping textures inside the files as well. On Nastasia's file, I found a small list that said the following or something like this:

chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_sample01.tga                      chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_foot.tga                          chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_leg.tga                           chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_opt02.tga                         chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_hand.tga                          chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_arm02.tga                         chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_arm03.tga                         chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_arm01.tga                         chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_opt01.tga                        chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_glass.1.tga                   
    chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_mouth.1.tga                      chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_mouth.2.tga                      chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_mouth.3.tga                   
    chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_mouth.4.tga                       chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_mouth.5.tga                       chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_mouth.6.tga                       chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_mouth.7.tga                       chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_mouth.8.tga                       chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_mouth.9.tga                       chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_eye.1.tga                         chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_eye.2.tga                         chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_eye.3.tga                         chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_eye.4.tga                         chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_eye.5.tga                         chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_hair02.tga                        chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_hair01.tga                        chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_head.tga                          chara/npc/nasta/tex/3D_nasta_body.tga
(04-05-2016, 07:30 AM)Miles Prower (Anti-Verse) Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2016, 01:23 AM)ElyosOfTheAbyss Wrote: [ -> ]We will need the decryption key

Odd, I don't recall putting a key requirement for it.

https://mega.nz/#!pAEAwABC!irGLzub5VjMe2...bjTPeoQq2U

Neither link is working for me. Could you please explain here how you were able to open the files?

(Edit: Did you happen to just use a hex editor to find the file names? or were you able to actually look at the models?)