The VG Resource

Full Version: Miitomo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, Miitomo came out yesterday and as soon as it finished downloading I set out to rip those pesky models. Lenny Face  Now, I have found what I can only assume to be the mii model, but I have no idea how to do anything with it. Here it is in case anyone who might know what they are doing wants to look at it.

Code:
http://puu.sh/o2FDp.dat

Also here it is in a hex editor:
[Image: pBGOc8J.png]
Update:

Well, I haven't found out how to do anything with the mii model, but I have found a little information on the other models in the game.

•All of the animations end with .anim.pod which I am assuming is something to do with Cocoapods.

•Along with this, I have discovered that all of the models were made in Maya and exported with "PVRGeoPOD x64 2.16.3".

•Also /Applications/Imagination/PowerVR/GraphicsSDK/PVRShaman/GUI/OSX_x86/PVRShamanGUI.app is mentioned a few times in the files.

•In terms of other models, I most of them follow this example. They have no extensions and viewing them in hex editor I can see this:

somemodel/somemodel.Mdl.pod

This suggests that these may be containers. You may also notice that the models are in .MDL.POD format.

In fact I am sure that they are containers because they also have

somemodel/textures/iOS/somemodel.pvr        (pvr is a texture format)

Well its like 3 am now so I'll add some more tomorrow, not that anyone cares....
I care! Lol I've been waiting for it!! KEEP GOING!!! Starry Eyes
(04-07-2016, 06:53 PM)xX-CamTro-Xx Wrote: [ -> ]I care! Lol I've been waiting for it!! KEEP GOING!!! Starry Eyes

There is no way I can do this myself, after all I can't even make a BMS script. If only someone was knowledgable on this stuff...
(04-07-2016, 08:10 PM)Ariss Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2016, 06:53 PM)xX-CamTro-Xx Wrote: [ -> ]I care! Lol I've been waiting for it!! KEEP GOING!!! Starry Eyes

There is no way I can do this myself, after all I can't even make a BMS script. If only someone was knowledgable on this stuff...

Ah, i got yooouuuu. I guess we could wait for someone to help you.
Not sure if it's of any use, but here's a maxscript to import the meshes from the file. There's a ton of them and no real way to sort them so yeah, good luck I guess.
[attachment=6311]

For people who just want the obj: Here
(04-10-2016, 07:31 AM)TGE Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if it's of any use, but here's a maxscript to import the meshes from the file. There's a ton of them and no real way to sort them so yeah, good luck I guess.

For people who just want the obj: Here

Holy crap thanks! How long did this take you?
Any chance you could convert this to python to use in blender?
I dont have 3ds max Sad
Didn't take me more than an hour or two.
You can easily get a free student version which lasts about 3 years. I also attached an exported obj file if you only want the models in the file that was posted in the OP.
And no, I'm not porting it to Blender even if I knew how.
Wait, wait, wait... does this mean that we can finally get customizeable Mii head models? If so, what's their triangle count compared to Wii U? The Mii Fighters from Smash 4 have been overlooked because that title doesn't actually contain head data, and nobody seems to have been interested in finding out where that model data is stored.
the Mii fighters uses the head models from the WiiU OS, which means the game loads the mii heads and faces from the console, and not the game itself.
(04-12-2016, 02:59 AM)TGE Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't take me more than an hour or two.
You can easily get a free student version which lasts about 3 years. I also attached an exported obj file if you only want the models in the file that was posted in the OP.
And no, I'm not porting it to Blender even if I knew how.

I tried getting the student version but I don't want to use an actual school because I feel like I might get caught or something  Ouch!
and don't want to use my own school for the same reason. (I do have a modeling design class so it won't really be illegal :p

I tried making up a school but that didn't work.

Are there any risks to just picking some random school because I really would like to get a copy.
No, there are no risks to speak of. You can fill in bogus info (including name, address, etc -- like I did) and you won't get trouble for it (because they can't give you any if you enter bogus info! ;p).
(04-15-2016, 01:09 AM)TGE Wrote: [ -> ]No, there are no risks to speak of. You can fill in bogus info (including name, address, etc -- like I did) and you won't get trouble for it (because they can't give you any if you enter bogus info! ;p).

Thanks for the advice ill try that later  Shreksual Healing
Is there any progress of ripping content from Miitomo? I checked that model with Unity and it contains all haircuts, noses, beards and so on, but not the headshapes themselves.

Here's the image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3129...ngMiis.jpg
This is one of the hairstyles, called Object088)

This model has a LOT of sub-models from Object001 to Object442 which are without doubts the Mii's head assets like hairstyles, noses and more. This is what I can find:
001-003: Beards.
004-021: Hair holder for certain hairstyles.
023-034: Placeholder for the Mii's face. (each per head shape I think)
035-052: These maybe placeholder for the facial features I think.
053-068: Noses.
069-200: Hairstyles.
201-442: I have no idea what these sub-models are. Maybe head-pieces?

It's a LONG time ago since I was here.
Not to bump an old thread here, but does anyone have access to the latest set of "on demand" assets for the game; the ones downloaded by Miitomo on a valid installation? NVM. Just found another post. For some reason another thread here doesnt show up in a general web search (even when restricting to this website), and I just got search here working (wouldnt let me for some reason).

Original Message:

I found a compressed file tool for my MacBook which, to my surprised, recognizes the format of package with which the Miitomo assets it "ships" with are stored; I was able to pull the "Body_all.mdl.pod", along with all the textures and misc. files from "bodyAll0400", and the same goes for "headwear0502". I also have the official software for opening and viewing POD format models (models which are "optimized" by/for PowerVR applications). However, these files are merely a single outfit: the postal worker outfit. They contain nothing in regards to the hair models, nor the other outfits. – Miitomo downloads these "on demand" on a valid installation.

I can't access these for a number of reasons:
  1. I dont have Miitomo installed and set up on a jailbroken/rooted device; No access to such a device is available to me.
  2. Miitomo does not work on x86 editions of Android such as RemixOS or Android-x86; Android "SafetyNet", which in part relies on unrooted devices, does not work with these builds as they are custom, and also rooted "out of the box"; methods of hiding root do not work with these builds, such as Magisk or XPosed, as they are not made compatible with x86 builds or require the OS to be "unrooted" on install in my findings. – Attempts to launch Miitomo result in an instant crash
  3. Miitomo will not deploy to the iOS Simulator as the store edition does not contain an x86 compatible binary; only armv7 and arm64
  4. Miitomo uses an HTTPS tunnel over HTTP to download assets; I tried using fiddler to capture the asset download on a fresh install to my iPhone, but it showed up as a tunnel to Miitomo servers and thus, even with a root certificate installed to my iPhone, could not be captured by Fiddler.
  5. As the assets are "on demand", they are not included in an offline iOS backup to iTunes; only user data is copied, not any downloaded assets.
In essence, I have software which, based on my preliminary findings, seemingly can "one-click" extract model asset packages and their resources, and software with which the resulting POD models can be viewed. But I do not have access to the full set of Miitomo assets. I would very much like to obtain a copy of the latest assets, especially considering the fact that the game is shutting down, so there isnt much time left to even get a copy of the assets.

Can anyone help out?

(Image attached of the extracted preloaded body asset folder for demonstration)
Pages: 1 2