The VG Resource

Full Version: Sega Superstars tennis (model ripping help please!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently wanted to rip models for "Sega Superstars Tennis" From the wii. But my problem is I'm not sure how to rip from the Iso. and or CD (i do own a physical copy) If someone can inform me on how to do such a thing I would be forever grateful.
This should go in the Models Resource section, not the Textures Resource.
Shifted over!
(03-24-2016, 07:27 PM)puggsoy Wrote: [ -> ]This should go in the Models Resource section, not the Textures Resource.

It is under the models resource section.. Unimpressed
That's because I moved it after puggsoy pointed it out, lol.
(03-24-2016, 01:05 PM)slowgo Wrote: [ -> ]I have recently wanted to rip models for "Sega Superstars Tennis" From the wii. But my problem is I'm not sure how to rip from the Iso. and or CD (i do own a physical copy) If someone can inform me on how to do such a thing I would be forever grateful.

First of all, I am assuming by Wii you mean Wii and not WiiU; in that case you are going to need to softmod your wii (get Homebrew Channel) if you haven't already so you can rip the game. If you don't know how to do that then there are all sorts of helpful resources online.

As an alternative, if you already have the ISO, I would recommend downloading dolphin. In dolphin,  set your ISO directory to the directory of your ISO. Then right click on the ISO and press Properties, Then go to filesystem, right click on disc and press Extract all files.

[Image: 28c4dkA.png]
[Image: cDQsaFF.png]
[Image: 8nZj5Un.png]
(04-03-2016, 03:41 PM)Ariss Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-24-2016, 01:05 PM)slowgo Wrote: [ -> ]I have recently wanted to rip models for "Sega Superstars Tennis" From the wii. But my problem is I'm not sure how to rip from the Iso. and or CD (i do own a physical copy) If someone can inform me on how to do such a thing I would be forever grateful.

First of all, I am assuming by Wii you mean Wii and not WiiU; in that case you are going to need to softmod your wii (get Homebrew Channel) if you haven't already so you can rip the game. If you don't know how to do that then there are all sorts of helpful resources online.

As an alternative, if you already have the ISO, I would recommend downloading dolphin. In dolphin,  set your ISO directory to the directory of your ISO. Then right click on the ISO and press Properties, Then go to filesystem, right click on disc and press Extract all files.

[Image: 28c4dkA.png]
[Image: cDQsaFF.png]
[Image: 8nZj5Un.png]

I did that but the im not sure what file i am looking for inside of the iso i know of all that i just dont know what exactly im looking for and or what it is and how to rip from it if its something different.
Sometimes it is hard to find where models are located. Look for folders and files that have names that might have something to do with models
Also tell us what file formats you see that seem like they may be relevant.

I'd look myself if I had the ISO, but alas.
All the files are inside RESOURCE.PAC, which after around an hour and a half of searching on Google, I haven't found a way to extract anything from it.
(04-04-2016, 12:03 AM)josh98 Wrote: [ -> ]All the files are inside RESOURCE.PAC, which after around an hour and a half of searching on Google, I haven't found a way to extract anything from it.

Well, you could try looking at "how to make a QuickBMS script" first, that is if you are interested in the contents of that file or if you are just helping this guy out.
On second thought the .pac probably has some kind of compression and or encryption that the average joe would not be able to figure out.
I haven't though of myself as having the skill to make a script, but I might just look into it just for the fun of it. Smile As far as compression goes, the file is not compressed, I don't think. If you scroll through the file in a hex editor there are intelligible words and commands, so I mean, I assume it's not.
(04-04-2016, 01:35 AM)josh98 Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't though of myself as having the skill to make a script, but I might just look into it just for the fun of it. Smile As far as compression goes, the file is not compressed, I don't think. If you scroll through the file in a hex editor there are intelligible words and commands, so I mean, I assume it's not.

Thats a good sign, but if there hasn't been a program to extract the .pac then there probably won't be a program to view the models that are inside because they most likely will be unique. Then again they could be .brres