The VG Resource

Full Version: Hi! My name is Erik!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I'm Erik, the Hard-Core Nintendo Gamer / Fan!  I have been a Nintendo Fan since the days of the NES.  Even though my Mother & Late Father Taught Classical Music at the Mount Vernon City Schools, my all-time favorite music is video game music. I've been downloading video game music and edit them by amplification & Length so I may enjoy that music when I work on my computer or other things when I'm not playing my games.  I don't know how to upload music & sound, so I haven't been uploading period.  When comes to length, I am currently creating 3 different versions of each game music album.  The first version either loops twice before fading or--if it is shorter than 2 minutes--I fade it out when I feel it has looped enough.  The Second version of each album is the same music, but plays about twice as long as the first version, except for fanfares which I only have play once in all three versions due to it not looping & how annoying it would get if I did loop fanfares.  The third version has the game music looping for at least 30 minutes or more before fading.  I also have been doing something a little different in my game music than other people.  When I make a game album that is a complete gamerip, I often make it so if the player had to re-enter an area in the game itself, or if a different area the player entered would play the same music as a previous area, I would make certain music in my game albums play that music theme again in the part of the album in the order of the music in which it would be played when playing the game itself.  Games like Pokemon however, I may repeat the various Trainer / Wild Pokemon Battle Themes where I see fit.  That may be annoying to people who only want the music played once, so that is another reason I haven't been uploading my game music.  However, because I am continuing to add gamerips to my collection, the editing process is never ending.  And sometimes I have been known to do something I call "Soundtrack Hopping," which means I would start / continue to edit a different soundtrack before finishing the first one.  I also like to add the sound effects at the end of each Soundtrack, if and when I can get them.  Sorry if I rambled to long, and thank you for reading this post!
(03-13-2016, 10:13 AM)Nintendo-Man Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I'm Erik, the Hard-Core Nintendo Gamer / Fan!  I have been a Nintendo Fan since the days of the NES.  Even though my Mother & Late Father Taught Classical Music at the Mount Vernon City Schools, my all-time favorite music is video game music. I've been downloading video game music and edit them by amplification & Length so I may enjoy that music when I work on my computer or other things when I'm not playing my games.  I don't know how to upload music & sound, so I haven't been uploading period.  When comes to length, I am currently creating 3 different versions of each game music album.  The first version either loops twice before fading or--if it is shorter than 2 minutes--I fade it out when I feel it has looped enough.  The Second version of each album is the same music, but plays about twice as long as the first version, except for fanfares which I only have play once in all three versions due to it not looping & how annoying it would get if I did loop fanfares.  The third version has the game music looping for at least 30 minutes or more before fading.  I also have been doing something a little different in my game music than other people.  When I make a game album that is a complete gamerip, I often make it so if the player had to re-enter an area in the game itself, or if a different area the player entered would play the same music as a previous area, I would make certain music in my game albums play that music theme again in the part of the album in the order of the music in which it would be played when playing the game itself.  Games like Pokemon however, I may repeat the various Trainer / Wild Pokemon Battle Themes where I see fit.  That may be annoying to people who only want the music played once, so that is another reason I haven't been uploading my game music.  However, because I am continuing to add gamerips to my collection, the editing process is never ending.  And sometimes I have been known to do something I call "Soundtrack Hopping," which means I would start / continue to edit a different soundtrack before finishing the first one.  I also like to add the sound effects at the end of each Soundtrack, if and when I can get them.  Sorry if I rambled to long, and thank you for reading this post!

Welcome to the VG-Resource! It's funny, my name's Eric too! And, both of my parents are music teachers! My mother has owned her own business for over 30 years, and my father was a conductor at several different high schools, and played a bunch of Broadway shows! (Sorry I'm nerding out here xD). Good to finally meet someone like you! There are lots of different things to do here at VGR, and I'm sure you'll enjoy every single aspect of your stay! We hope it's a permanent one, so enjoy! Any questions, don't hesitate to ask any staff!

Best Regards,
~Anex
Hello and welcome to TSR.
Welcome aboard fellow member! Enjoy your stay and the shinnanigans that you may participate in here!